Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Tetris for Money

I used Tetris as an example, but at there any sites where you can interactively play non-card games against other players with a wager?

Example:
You start a $50+5 game of Battleship, and you sit until somebody comes and joins your game. Whoever wins gets the $100, the house gets the $10.

What are some other games that would be fun to gamble on, online? Minesweeper tournaments (lowest combined time wins 1st place), Heads Up Uno....

I know there are sites like Pogo where you can play games for points to win real money, but I'm talking about real-time wagering against the other player.

If anybody's interested, I'd gladly wager $100+ on me getting a higher score than you in ET: The Extra Terrestrial on the Atari 2600. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Tetris for Money

The only thing to that effect I've seen is Worldwinner, however, the games they offer are strange variants of good games (or just strange new games). The rake is absurd and they actually won't let people in certain states play. I'd avoid it if I were you.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:05 AM

They offer substantial money for doing medical studies on new tablet forumlations nearby. During one of the studies I found a guy to play me in street fighter 3 laying him 5 to 1. He lost 17, then never paid me. That's my only experience with gambling on anything but poker.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:20 AM

Ass a small addendum, you need to wary when betting on these non gambling games. Most people do not find gambling enjoyable. The few people that are willing to play you are usually mind bogglingly good. Don't take this advice lightly. Most people don't have much exposure to any one of these smaller specific games, you really have no idea of the kind of expertise that is possible at these lesser known games. For example, if someone hasn't played DDR before, I'd be willing to lay them 1000 to 1 odds, and still have MUCH the best of it.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:38 AM

actually yes, tetris is a game you can play for money as long bejeweled and many others. if you check out www.zone.com you can find a lot of games on there. I did it for a little while at one time. You start out against other amateur players, but as you win, your ranking moves up and you play others of the same ranking. I won tons in the early rankings but got crushed the higher I went. Once you get there, you are pretty much stuck against the best and its pretty tough to do anything but lose. Not a bad way to play around with $20 though.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 AM

It's a decent idea for a website. I like Battleship especially. I agree that more mainstream games would result in a more successful site rather than that esoteric atari game you mentioned
Old 08-17-2005, 04:19 PM

Kiwiskill.com is a new site that has a lot of those games. They'll give you a free $6 to start. Haven't played there myself, so I don't know if there are a lot of games going on or not.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:10 PM

GameColony.com is another one of these sites - they start you with some free money, but you have to deposit real money to clear the bonus funds.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:17 PM

Isn't this another one of those sites where the rake turns a headsup game into betting 2 to win 1?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:29 PM

Can you imagine playing axis and allies for money? Way cool.