Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 10:39 PM

Default \"lol you fish\" (maybe I am)

That was the response from one of the other players after this hand. I'll admit, it did look a little weird.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 Max, 6 handed) converter

Villan here is loose/aggro pre-flop (60/20), and has shown some agression post-flop. Goofy agression, though -- capped the turn on a 4-straight board with an overpair, yet called down with TPWK against my SPTK (grr). His big hands have been random -- sometimes he'll jam straight away, sometimes he'll wait until the river. I guess the word here to be used is unpredictable.

Preflop: Heroine is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Heroine folds.

To me, this seems like a horrible board to bluff at given assumed 3-betting standards. The only hands that missed this board are QQ-TT, and he would stand to get punished badly by the vast majority of holdings I have. So I figure that he has to have something (Ax, AK, or something really screwey like AA or KK), and that I am likely drawing to two outs. So I decide to just cut bait.

Of course, he could just be making a move here. Bleh.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Bonus question: I 3-bet with KQs (and let's assume it's one of the suits on the flop, so a backdoor draw is there). Now what?

-K
Old 08-15-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: \"lol you fish\" (maybe I am)

The two worst overcards that could come came and you're not going to be good anywhere near 1 in (pot) times to make up for it. You got bluffed off that one, but you can always respond by saying "so what, my 2+2 avatar is the best in micros, even over whatever the hell Pedro is using this week and that retarded guy Eeegah's got"
Old 08-16-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You got bluffed off that one, but you can always respond by saying "so what, my 2+2 avatar is the best in micros, even over whatever the hell Pedro is using this week and that retarded guy Eeegah's got"

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. yea, your azumanga avitar rox [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But to get back on topic.. i would play this hand the same way, although id feel like i played it weakly afterwards.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:48 PM

He's just pissed you didn't pay off his AQ.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:54 PM

Good fold. He probably raises a lot of aces.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 PM

If UTG had an Ace here he played this hand like ass. Good fold.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:30 PM

If you felt the need to fold to a check/raise, you probably shouldn't have bet the flop to begin with. Especially not against an unpredictably aggressive opponent. Check through, see if the turn improves you (you do have a backdoor straight draw as well as your 2-outer, assuming you're behind), and induce a bluff from a worse hand; with a 20% PFR, he doesn't have to have an Ace or King in his hand to raise UTG.

If you'd 3-bet with KQs and got the same flop action, you have to call the raise. Unless you put him firmly on either a set or Aces up (I don't know how you could do that), you would clearly have good enough odds to see the turn with trip/two pair outs + the backdoor flush &amp; straight draws.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:35 PM

You have a lot more outs/possibility of having the best hand with KQs than with JJ on this board. Getting 10.5-1 with ~5.5 outs you would see a turn with KQs.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:39 AM

Checking behind on the flop and calling the turn and river is a great idea that's worth considering.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking behind on the flop and calling the turn and river is a great idea that's worth considering.

[/ QUOTE ]
So I can see villan's K5o or A3o. Dope!!! I really think calling down here is just spewing, even against a LAG. Sure he does not need an A or K to raise, but nearly any hand with an A or K is getting raised pre-flop to open.

[ QUOTE ]
If you felt the need to fold to a check/raise, you probably shouldn't have bet the flop to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe. I did not think of folding to a flop c/r; it just happened. My planned line was bet/check/call, but once he c/red the river I just went "f this" and dumped it. Of course, this also does not account for a dooooonkbet on the turn.

Sorry about the KQs question. Was just trying to look at this from an alternative angle... but that was too obvious.

-K