Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 10:33 AM

Default KQo from EP/EMP

There was a lot of debate over playing this hand in another thread. I was wondering if this is a folding, limping, or raising hand from EP/EMP?

My best guess is you would try to raise if you know it will make it shorthanded but limp or possible fold if you know your raise wont knock anyone out. Is this correct reasoning?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:59 AM

Default depends

KQ off I will usually limp from an ep. Depending on who is still to act behind me and my image at the time, I might raise from middle postion, again player dependant.

I will raise from the button even with a few limpers. My hand will usually be better than the random cards the blinds have.

If suited, I will usually open with a raise from any postion.

Best Wishes,
Michael
Old 03-24-2003, 11:23 AM

Default Re: KQo from EP/EMP

FWIW,

Excluding unusual circumstances(such as a very passive game or some truly horrible players) I play KQo exactly as I play ATo. I fold it more than 4 off the button. First in I raise, I just call if there is a limper before me and of course I fold to a raise.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:38 PM

Default Re: KQo from EP/EMP

If I know that raising will knock out naked aces, AQ/AJ/A10 unsuited, or KQ, I raise. If it's a nofoldem game like we were talking about in the other post, I'd consider limping. The fact that someone holding KQ will raise in LP if I limp, but fold in LP if I raise, makes the raise that much easier to make. If I get 3-bet, then in most cases, I know the flop has to him me pretty hard.