Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 12:33 AM

Default The \'Other Poker\' Triple Draw Tournament

I just got confirmation from GamesGrid that they can handle triple draw tournaments, so if there is sufficient interest I will organize one as a 'private' tournament for 2+2 Other Poker posters (and any other suck--- err, friends we can rope in).

Discuss:

The site: GamesGrid.com. You will obviously need to register for an account to participate. There is a referral program but you don't gain any benefit from having been referred.

The game: Limit Triple Draw 2-7. Sorry, A-5 isn't an option.

Buy in: I was thinking $5 or $10 in the interest of attracting as many players as possible, but I can certainly go higher. I haven't seen them offer any rebuy tournaments so this will probably be just single buy-in.

Date/time: I prefer weekends or evenings U.S. time. We probably want to avoid other popular 'unofficial' 2+2 events like the HORSE tournaments. To make it accessible in all US time zones something like 9 or 10 pm Eastern time is best. It will likely be next week (Aug 8-13th) sometime.

Levels: The initial announcement about private tournaments said we could specify starting chips and lengths of levels (although the email I got from the coordinator did not have this as one of the questions.) Preferences if we do get to choose?
Old 08-03-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: The \'Other Poker\' Triple Draw Tournament

I'm interested, of course.

If people want to use me (Tapirboy) as referral, I'll figure out some way to return whatever money I get to the OP community.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:32 AM

Hi, Asia from GamesGrid Poker here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen them offer any rebuy tournaments so this will probably be just single buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're currently coding rebuy capabilities for the Rec.Gambling.Poker RGP Open, but it's not available yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Levels: The initial announcement about private tournaments said we could specify starting chips and lengths of levels (although the email I got from the coordinator did not have this as one of the questions.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Levels & starting chips can all be specified to fine detail; we'll customize your tourney to whatever you decide you need/want for starting chips and levels.

Thanks Mark, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Asia K
GamesGrid Poker
Old 08-03-2005, 11:38 PM

Asia:

a few comments/requests.

1) Please have the coders allow the players to select their discards before their turn

2) It would be great if you also add a Badougi option, its a very similar game therefore shouldn't be hard to code. Games Gride would become a pioneer if this was done.

Thanks in advance...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Asia:

a few comments/requests.

1) Please have the coders allow the players to select their discards before their turn

2) It would be great if you also add a Badougi option, its a very similar game therefore shouldn't be hard to code. Games Gride would become a pioneer if this was done.

Thanks in advance...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Uncle TT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1) The programmers are working on having the draws available before the turn, but unfortunately it won't be completed by the tourney time. They have been watching the responses and requests about this (thru me) so they know how yall really want this option.

2) We like to think that Dealer's Choice makes us a pioneer, too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but our main programming architect says he'll look into programming Badougi for you. The programmers are a little swamped working on bells and whistles for the RGP Open, but they all like a challenge. Or are masochists. I haven't decided yet.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Asia K
GamesGrid Poker
Old 08-04-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Asia:

a few comments/requests.

Thanks in advance...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Uncle TT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

UNCLE???? You know I look like I'm 10 years younger (if not more) than I am right? Thats why its become such a joke around here... nobody belives me till I show them my ID. Geee... I don't know if I should be insulted or flattered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Baddougi - VERY cool. The main changes from Triple Draw 2-7 is 4 card draw instead of 5, and a badougi (1 each of all 4 suits) hand beats any non-badougi hand, followed by standard lowball order.

PS - I think I saw you at the WSOP, 2500 limit tournament. Was that you with the Games Grid team?

Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

UNCLE???? You know I look like I'm 10 years younger (if not more) than I am right? Thats why its become such a joke around here... nobody belives me till I show them my ID. Geee... I don't know if I should be insulted or flattered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... i saw your post in 00t about counseling your niece & you referred to yourself as good ol uncle TT [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] i liked it is all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm 27 & have had men ask me call them much stranger things than uncle... but back to what you were saying...

[ QUOTE ]

Baddougi - VERY cool. The main changes from Triple Draw 2-7 is 4 card draw instead of 5, and a badougi (1 each of all 4 suits) hand beats any non-badougi hand, followed by standard lowball order.

[/ QUOTE ]

its funny, the progs knew what you were talking about (where i had no idea.) they're a bunch of (degenerate) poker players/enthusiasts too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

PS - I think I saw you at the WSOP, 2500 limit tournament. Was that you with the Games Grid team?

[/ QUOTE ]

i WISH! no, GamesGrid hired a bunch of hotties (i got to see some "hire me pls!" pics!) and i wasn't in that stable. good to be confused with one though, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

aK
Old 08-04-2005, 10:32 PM

Any chance you will be spreading KC for real money?
Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance you will be spreading KC for real money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, 100% chance. Sysops opened up a NL .25/.50 $75 max 2-7 lowball table right after the tourney-- it's running now. Name: West Hypnotic.

I'm guessing anyone interested is already playing on it,
and not sure how long it'll be up, but there you go. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 03:55 AM

I'm in for most any time.

I would prefer Monday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday night, but I can probably make it most nights other than Wed.

9/10pm EST works for me as well.

I would prefer $10-$30 buyin. I'm all for lots of play, and would say design a slow structure and raise the blinds every 20 minutes.

Maybe look at what the WSOP event last year had for a structure?