Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 01:01 PM

Default some turn gaybets - i dunno maybe interesting

good 6/12 game at the trop on saturday night. relatively new to the table with a solid image. the few pots i've won i haven't had to showdown.

hand 1

1 loose limper in EP, lady who seems reasonable raises in MP, 1 coldcaller on the CO, sb folds, i call in the bb with black eights, limper calls. 4 to the flop.

flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check, limper checks, lady bets, co calls, i call, limper folds.

turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i bet.

hand 2 -

LAGish kid who trys to run ridiculously expensive bluffs limps in EP, another unknown limper in mp, folded to lady from hand 1 who raises, button from last hand cold calls again, sb folds, i call in the bb with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], limpers call. 5 to the flop for 10.5 sbs

flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to lady who bets, button calls, i consider raising but call, limpers fold.

turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i bet.

should i be check/raising these flops instead of check/call/bet? i feel like that used to be my standard line. now, i kinda feel the check/call, keep the pot small so i can get away from it if the turn comes down bad is a valid line instead of check/raising here. once i check/raise, i'm usually put into the position to bet the turn no matter what comes down even when i'm not sure if i like my hand or not. by check/calling, i get to see the turn and reevaluate my decision without spewing tons of chips. i dunno, i'm turning all passive all the sudden.

any thoughts on this?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: some turn gaybets - i dunno maybe interesting

I would lead out and bet both of those pots or checkraise like you said. But check calling is not an option here, doesnt make any sense.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead out and bet both of those pots or checkraise like you said. But check calling is not an option here, doesnt make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for that.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:32 PM

Hand 1: I like this. You have a very vulnerable hand, and a flop CR does nothing but build a pot making it correct for her to continue with her overcards. Are you going to fold to a raise?

Hand 2: If the lady is aggressive enough I like a nice turn CR. You may have the best hand now, and have tons of outs if you don't. You certainly have enough equity for a value CR.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I like this. You have a very vulnerable hand, and a flop CR does nothing but build a pot making it correct for her to continue with her overcards. Are you going to fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, against this lady i think i'd find a fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: If the lady is aggressive enough I like a nice turn CR. You may have the best hand now, and have tons of outs if you don't. You certainly have enough equity for a value CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about this. but it's kind of intriguing. care to elaborate?
Old 07-31-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about this. but it's kind of intriguing. care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, say you bet and she raises, which we'll assume she only does with an overpair. You aren't going to fold because you have so many outs, so you might as well CR to trap button for 2BB. Even if you get 3-bet, you have 2 + 9 + 6 = 17 outs to outdraw her, so you are better than 2:1 to make your hand and make money off her 3-bet. This all assumes button calls though.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good 6/12 game at the trop on saturday night. relatively new to the table with a solid image. the few pots i've won i haven't had to showdown.

hand 1

1 loose limper in EP, lady who seems reasonable raises in MP, 1 coldcaller on the CO, sb folds, i call in the bb with black eights, limper calls. 4 to the flop.

flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check, limper checks, lady bets, co calls, i call, limper folds.

turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i bet.

hand 2 -

LAGish kid who trys to run ridiculously expensive bluffs limps in EP, another unknown limper in mp, folded to lady from hand 1 who raises, button from last hand cold calls again, sb folds, i call in the bb with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], limpers call. 5 to the flop for 10.5 sbs

flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to lady who bets, button calls, i consider raising but call, limpers fold.

turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i bet.

should i be check/raising these flops instead of check/call/bet? i feel like that used to be my standard line. now, i kinda feel the check/call, keep the pot small so i can get away from it if the turn comes down bad is a valid line instead of check/raising here. once i check/raise, i'm usually put into the position to bet the turn no matter what comes down even when i'm not sure if i like my hand or not. by check/calling, i get to see the turn and reevaluate my decision without spewing tons of chips. i dunno, i'm turning all passive all the sudden.

any thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: A C/R may get rid of the EP limper and will make it incorrect for a gutshot to call, but you still have the CO in the hand. What's your read on him/her?

Hand 2: Tough call, gotta admit I don't know.

HIJACK: I played 6/12 at the Trop on Saturday, too. Which table did you play? I sat at the table just to the left of the bar. Were you at that table, or at the one in the simulcast area in front of the horse betting window?

[ QUOTE ]
LAGish kid who trys to run ridiculously expensive bluffs limps in EP

[/ QUOTE ]

That is awfully close to my read on a young guy at my table.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HIJACK: I played 6/12 at the Trop on Saturday, too. Which table did you play? I sat at the table just to the left of the bar. Were you at that table, or at the one in the simulcast area in front of the horse betting window?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was seat 2 at the table closest to the window for buying chips. young kid, grey baseball shirt, glasses. i got up eventually to play 10/20. were you seat 9 in the partypoker hat?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: A C/R may get rid of the EP limper and will make it incorrect for a gutshot to call, but you still have the CO in the hand. What's your read on him/her?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, my standard line would be to check/raise here. but i don't know if it was worth 2 sbs to knock out a single player with my hand being so vulnerable. it also bloats the pot and makes it even more correct for the remaining 2 players to stick around till the river. i also feel like after i check/raise the flop, i don't wanna give up any momentum/fold equity so i almost always fire away on the turn regardless of the card. i kind of hate putting myself in that situation when there are soooo many bad cards for me. i think i'd rather see the turn and reevaluate there. the CO was loose/passive, just bad.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was seat 2 at the table closest to the window for buying chips. young kid, grey baseball shirt, glasses. i got up eventually to play 10/20. were you seat 9 in the partypoker hat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. nice to have met you!

I'm taking it that your "crazy bluffs" kid was the guy in the Phillies shirt. Man, I wish I could somehow put him on a buddy list and track him down wherever he plays. As far as C/Raising to force him out on your 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hand, fuggedaboutit. If he had any PP or any piece of the flop, he was not going anywhere.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep. nice to have met you!

I'm taking it that your "crazy bluffs" kid was the guy in the Phillies shirt. Man, I wish I could somehow put him on a buddy list and track him down wherever he plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

same to you.

yeah the one hand where he tried to bluff check/raise 3 players 22 on a JJ9 board and then fire away on the turn and river was too much.

shame a 2+2er was there to witness my worst river call in about 6 months [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]