Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Crystal meth more popular than weed?

Some new study says that crystal meth is currently the most popular/prevalent recreational drug in the US? I heard it on one of the network news shows last night. I don't know which one and don't know where the study came from. I'd just like to know if some of you kids out there who are still part of the drug culture find this to be a true statement.

If this is actually the case, god help us all.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Crystal meth more popular than weed?

this is not true. i know very few people who have even tried meth. everyone i know has tried weed, and many do it on a regular basis.

this is from a college student.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is not true. i know very few people who have even tried meth. everyone i know has tried weed, and many do it on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

and why do you think you know anything about nationwide meth use? i don't know anyone that smokes crack, does this mean that no one does?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and why do you think you know anything about nationwide meth use? i don't know anyone that smokes crack, does this mean that no one does?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey dick head,

thats why i said this is from a college student. i don't know nationwide. but as well, you have to think this can't be true -- weed is just so much more accessible and easy for more people.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly compelling evidence.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:33 AM

Meth is the scourge of choice for Rural America -

We have a meth epidemic in NW Montana that blows me away - when I left it was keggers on the weekend - now they gotta sell sudafed from behind the counter...

pretty damn sad...not sure it's bigger then weed, but I'd be willing to bet among younger kids, it's definately the biggest.....

RB
Old 07-26-2005, 07:44 AM

Heavy meth use makes people look like zombies. It's disgusting. What's even more disgusting is when these freaks set up their little labs in hotel rooms and innocent people die.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:59 AM

Not very accurate, but I remember reading recently that really just a large population of this country have tried and a very, very large amount are recreational herb smokers. I doubt crystal meth could surpass this, but as I understand, and as whiskey stated, in more rural areas of the country this stuff is extremely popular.

Was at a game the other night hanging around waiting for our ride to finish up and decided to eye the 5/10 game for a minute, my buddy subtley pointed out one of the players who he knew had pretty much made his living the past decade being a cook and blowing up basements.

He fell asleap during a hand twice within the 25 minutes I was watching. I guess he was out of stuff.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:27 AM

Meth is nasty stuff, no doubt. There have been a few large studies recently which queried the LEO and Justice communities on the big issues. Both studies I saw were indicating that Meth was the largest issue for LEOs by a large margin.

I know our legislature has already taken that first step to the supply issue. We will have limits on cold meds, need to show ID, and sign a log book to get them. I read that Wisconsin was considering whether to require a prescription for this stuff.

I suspect the crime wave will push into distribution next. Trucks of Sudafed getting hi-jacked and smugglers running boarders with the cold meds.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know our legislature has already taken that first step to the supply issue. We will have limits on cold meds, need to show ID, and sign a log book to get them. I read that Wisconsin was considering whether to require a prescription for this stuff.

I suspect the crime wave will push into distribution next. Trucks of Sudafed getting hi-jacked and smugglers running boarders with the cold meds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, this is already happening. The raw material for Sudafed and other cold pills is being imported by meth cookers in Mexico. They either buy it at the store or divert it when it comes into the country. Finished Meth then moves north. See article.

It seems that pharm companies are moving away from pseudoephedrine in the US, but who knows if that will help when if it's still available to drug labs internationally.