Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Snapping off a Bluff (5-10 deep stack example)

Villian (5k) is a extremely LAGGISH with bad fundamentals but good instincts and player reading abilities. I have him covered.

4 Limpers to me in the cuttoff and i raise with AsKh. Villian (SB) and 2 of the original limpers call. Villian is getting frustrated with me as i have been making many big preflop raises and punishing limpers. I'm almost certain he called with less than a premium hand

pot (~325)

Flop (2s-4h-5c)

Checked around

Turn 6d (2s-4h-5c)

Villian leads out for 100 and it's folded to me. I have a strong feeling he's bluffing and that i'm ahead. If i call, he's very likely to bluff again on the river (he's likely to bet 200-400 no matter what he has). If i raise, he's very capable of playing back at me if he thinks i'm restealing (which he has seen me do many times before).

What's my move?
Old 07-25-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Snapping off a Bluff (5-10 deep stack example)

What's his range right now? Any pp? SC? It really depends on how well AK UI holds up, and how much I might make if a K or A falls on the river and he check/calls or I call (raising seems wrong here because he could have spiked two pair with a suited ace, and raising a K here might get him to 3-bet a river which you may or may not be comfortable calling).
Old 07-25-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's his range right now? Any pp? SC?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villian is unlikely to check a overpair to me on the flop. He may have flopped a set, but as i said, i have a pretty good read that he is weak when he bets on the turn (although i'm far from certain). This guy loves to bluff when nobody seems interested in a pot but usually doesn't bet enough when he is bluffing.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:44 AM

I dunno about calling though. I mean, what are you trying to represent? I feel like he pretty much has to put you on either AK or a some sort of draw, and is going to bet the river again 100% of the time, so really you have to decide right now if your hand is good (which you seem to think it is). The question is, what are you doing if the turn comes a Q or J and he bets again (or bets strong?)
Old 07-25-2005, 03:33 AM

If you feel that you are ahead and he's capable of playing back I think you should call him down.

What's wrong wiht folding (besides for the fact that it's not fun)? I also think it's a nice change of pace for your image.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hat's wrong wiht folding (besides for the fact that it's not fun)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting 4-1 and i'm pretty sure i'm ahead.

Granted, i may get outdrawn, i'm going to face another bet on the river, and I may be wrong (In which case i'm behind already)
Old 07-25-2005, 03:49 AM

A call looks weak which means he'll more than likely fire again on the river. If you've been raising a lot preflop then a set/straight is very possible. Calling here would pretty much mean you would have to call the river, unless he bets huge.

If you've been raising preflop I like a raise here. What would your plan be if he plays back?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A call looks weak which means he'll more than likely fire again on the river. If you've been raising a lot preflop then a set/straight is very possible. Calling here would pretty much mean you would have to call the river, unless he bets huge.

If you've been raising preflop I like a raise here. What would your plan be if he plays back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if i call here the plan is to call anything reasonable on the river as well. If i raise here and he reraises i'm definitely folding.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:56 AM

If you raise, waht do u plan on donig if he 3 bets?
Old 07-25-2005, 03:57 AM

I don't think there is any way he can call if he three bets.