Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 01:18 PM

Default on bots -- straight from the mouth of the poker clueless

Yeah, this is another bot post, but you figured that out from the title, so if you clicked this thread just to bitch about people bitching, then you are a retard

Anyway, so I go play in my uncles first home game the other night with 5 guys who know NOTHING about poker. They've never read a poker book, or an internet message board, and the only thing they know about the game is what they've seen on ESPN, and they obviously havent even done much of that, because they asked questions like "now which card is the turn??"

Upon learning I play poker online for a living, the first question asked was "wow, you can make money against all the robots?" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I wont go on about how the sky is falling, but when people with a poker IQ only slightly above zero, who refer to AK as "Big Stick", have heard that internet poker is full of nothing but robots taking your money, it is NOT a good sign.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: on bots -- straight from the mouth of the poker clueless

Agree 100%.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:59 PM

yeah my mom said something to the same effect. it's scary how much publicity it's getting, when hardly anybody in the circle considers it an immediate threat.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, so I go play in my uncles first home game the other night with 5 guys who know NOTHING about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a badass rounder.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:20 PM

Bots are nothing to fear, has no one seen the matrix? I forget how it ends though
Old 07-23-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, so I go play in my uncles first home game the other night with 5 guys who know NOTHING about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a badass rounder.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn straight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I cleaned those bitches out for like $10, playing some killer .5/.10 holdem, and a some crazy nickel ante dealers choice games. By the end of the night I was making everyone address me as Mike McD
Old 07-23-2005, 05:05 PM

I think its just that once people who really know nothing at all about playing online or computers in general they just instantly question the people youre playing against. So they think "wow how does he even know hes playing against a real player durr" and immediately come up with the robot theory. As if anyone could make a really successful poker bot in a couple hours.

Plus Im sure several people have tried playing online and got their asses handed to them and instantly suspect that someone is screwing them over for all their money (a la the games are rigged online, bots etc)
Old 07-23-2005, 05:37 PM

Poker sites spending millions on ads > A few ignorant people
Old 07-23-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

people with a poker IQ only slightly above zero, who refer to AK as "Big Stick",

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard that before. It's wonderful. "Big stick" it is, for me, from now on.

Love ya.

Guy.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is another bot post, but you figured that out from the title, so if you clicked this thread just to bitch about people bitching, then you are a retard

Anyway, so I go play in my uncles first home game the other night with 5 guys who know NOTHING about poker. They've never read a poker book, or an internet message board, and the only thing they know about the game is what they've seen on ESPN, and they obviously havent even done much of that, because they asked questions like "now which card is the turn??"

Upon learning I play poker online for a living, the first question asked was "wow, you can make money against all the robots?" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I wont go on about how the sky is falling, but when people with a poker IQ only slightly above zero, who refer to AK as "Big Stick", have heard that internet poker is full of nothing but robots taking your money, it is NOT a good sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that I'm flamming a few tards at the RX over this issue as we speak. Many degenerates, but there are some very sharp pro sports bettors as well. Scary how little these guys trust online poker.

At the moment I'd say fake bots are doing a lot more damage to ol poker than real bots.