Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Banned From True Poker

Like it says, me and my wife were banned for "Colluding"..

BUT, Here is what happend and I would like some honest opinons...

We have been playing at the same site for approx 3 years...

Sometime 3 years ago when we started we asked a question...The weekly "Big Tourney" was coming up and we asked support if it was ok for me and the wife to both play.

Support respone was..."We have no control over multi table tourney seating so yeah" "Just dont play single table ones"

Im like sweet...So we play...For the past 3 years we have played approx 200,000 raked hands there and have enterd a handful of tourneys...We just havent been into the tourneys is all.

So 3 years later we enter a 20+2 multi table tourney with a field of 65...

After first break I have chip lead and the wife is sitting in 2nd...

I get moved and sure enough I am at her table...

we play a bit and the player on my right says " Hey isnt in kinda wrong for the 2 of you to be at the same table"

I respond...yes and no..But we asked host and they says its ok for Multi Table Tourneys...

he babbles and gets pissed...goes on tilt and loses his stack(not to me or the wife)..

2 mins later....I get a message from the host

He goes on saying that its not allowed...blah blah blah...I tell him we checked first...blah blah blah..

Then he bans us both(for 24hrs) and we are gone from tourney...and site...

To be perfectly honest, it wasnt or isnt our intention to collude and are very honset people that love poker and work hard to try and improve our game...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Banned From True Poker

life is hard - but this doesn't qualify

RB
Old 07-17-2005, 02:38 AM

It seems like they gave you the greenlight for huge field tourneys, not anything with more than 1 table.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:52 AM

You got removed from that tournament when you were the chip leader?

The whole thing sounds wrong. Do you have the correspondence from 3 years ago saved?

-ptmusic
Old 07-17-2005, 03:07 AM

They removed me(the chip leader) and my wife(2nd in chips)..

Because the hosts are "Live Chat" There is no way for me to log it.

The really funny thing is... This is a really small site and all the players and the hosts know that we are married and play all the time...
Old 07-17-2005, 03:12 AM

This is not collusion. Many poker players are friends, but play each other at the tables. If you chip dumped to your wife, this is collusion.

I would write a detailed letter to True Poker and explain the situation, and tell them you will take your business elsewhere.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:16 AM

Basically what the host is implying is people that know each other can't play in a tournament together, which is absurd.

I can understand that they may be afraid of you talking about the play oh hands at home in the middle of the game, but I would stand with the concept of innocent until proven guilty.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would write a detailed letter to True Poker and explain the situation, and tell them you will take your business elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah because every other site is happy to have two people on the same IP address at the same table. That'll show them.

If they can see eachothers cards then it's collusion. It's wrong. The original poster knows it's wrong. All this "ah but three years ago ..." is total bullshit to justify himself like a 6-year old.

He's wasted True Poker's time on it, and now he's wasting ours with it. If they want to play poker side-by-side then just use different sites.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:20 PM

You must have missed this part?

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, what Banned reported he was told in the past is likely accurate. Both he and his wife are excellent customers of long standing. The ban was for a 24 hour period for review by me, and has expired, but it never should have been imposed on the spot absent actual collusion.

I will personally apologize for this mistake as I would not have taken the action.

Banned, I will be returning to the office this week. Please email me at management@truepoker.com. We will make you more than whole for this mistake.

David

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must have missed this part?

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, what Banned reported he was told in the past is likely accurate. Both he and his wife are excellent customers of long standing. The ban was for a 24 hour period for review by me, and has expired, but it never should have been imposed on the spot absent actual collusion.

I will personally apologize for this mistake as I would not have taken the action.

Banned, I will be returning to the office this week. Please email me at management@truepoker.com. We will make you more than whole for this mistake.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And if he sees in this post that you played side by side and looked at each other's monitors then he would most likely retract that offer.