Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 02:39 AM

Default I puked a little and folded my full house

I've only played about an orbit with villain. So far, he seems like a super passive calling station. Imagine the most passive guy you have ever seen, then cut his agression in half. He even failed to raise the river with the nuts once because I don't think he realized he had it.

Villian has also cold called 2 on the flop and called down with K high before, so when I first value bet the river I was expecting to get called with some crap hand....

Party Poker (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, rest fold.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises!!!, Hero folds.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: I puked a little and folded my full house

It wasn't a very impressive full house anyway.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't a very impressive full house anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was until the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There's no chance a calling station is making a move w/ A high, is there?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no chance a calling station is making a move w/ A high, is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

A single orbit is fairly quick to get a complete read on a person. You saying this leads me to believe there were still some unknowns.

I just think you're trying to squeeze too much value out of the river bet hoping he'll call with nothing.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just think you're trying to squeeze too much value out of the river bet hoping he'll call with nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I saw him cold call with K6s preflop, then call a limp reraise, then cold call on something like an A29 rainbow flop and call down the limp-reraiser, even calling a bet on the river with his King high.... This guy will call with worse hands on the river. This guy was hemoraging chips and was busted in about 5 orbits.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I saw him cold call etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, just post with the title 'Check out this awesome laydown/bad beat' instead of pretending to ask for advice.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I saw him cold call with K6s preflop, then call a limp reraise, then cold call on something like an A29 rainbow flop and call down the limp-reraiser, even calling a bet on the river with his King high.... This guy will call with worse hands on the river. This guy was hemoraging chips and was busted in about 5 orbits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what exactly is the point of this thread? Is there a question somewhere or r u looking for pity?

-Scott
Old 07-12-2005, 04:53 AM

Actually I think this looks very strange. From your description, he probably wouldn't raise a Ten here (although that is probably the most likely still). And no matter how passive he is, I think you would've heard from a Jack prior to the river.

lars
Old 07-12-2005, 10:13 AM

Your river valuebet looks fine. I'd probably go for the crying call hoping to catch a random raise. He could be easily raising this river with 88, 99, KQ and even smaller pocket pairs if he is as bad as you describe him. It's very close though.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably go for the crying call hoping to catch a random raise. He could be easily raising this river with 88, 99, KQ and even smaller pocket pairs if he is as bad as you describe him.

[/ QUOTE ]

His description of the opponent in question:

"I've only played about an orbit with villain. So far, he seems like a super passive calling station. Imagine the most passive guy you have ever seen, then cut his agression in half. He even failed to raise the river with the nuts once because I don't think he realized he had it."