Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Would you sell your soul for $5.00?

There have been a hand full of times in my life that a stranger has asked me for gas money “to help them get home.” I have given them money 4 times. I have given them my address and asked for their word that they would send me my money. It has been people of many races, and many ages... One was an old white couple, reminded me of my grandparents. I only bring up their race so you won’t think I didn’t trust this guy cause he was black. Anyway, I never heard from them again. I’m not surprised... Well I guess I am surprised, that someone would sacrifice their dignity for $5.00 in gas. I just don’t get it.

So it happened again. This time, I was in a weird kinda mood and decided to try something different to catch a reaction. This is a shortened version of how the conversation went...

Him: First he introduced himself and broke the ice. Small talked a little then... “Can I talk you into loaning me $5.00 for some gas? I ain’t no bum or anything, I’m just trying to get home. Blah, blah, blah.”

Me: “Sure, you’ll pay me back right?”

Him: “Yeah, I promise.”

Me: “You got anything I can hold as collateral until you pay me back? I’ve done this before and noone ever pays me back.”

Him: “blah, blah, blah... (basically, no)”

Me: “Well, you could sell me your soul. But you’d get it back if you paid me back”

Him: (getting just a little stand offish) “Man, I don’t believe in that stuff... There ain’t no God.”

Me: “Then you have nothing to lose. All you have to do is write it on this paper. If you don’t believe it’s real... then you have nothing to worry about.”

Him: “Man, you can keep your money.” He went back to his car and I think I heard him call me a ‘crazy ass cracka’.

I totally creeped him out. I was surprised he didn’t do it though. It was probably wrong of me to mess with his head like that, but it was an interesting experiment. He didn’t believe in God, but he wouldn’t sell his soul.

There was more, but that was the jist of it.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Would you sell your soul for $5.00?

Thanks chummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....p.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:01 PM

People are way too superstitious to do that even for 5$

Blackjack
Old 06-28-2005, 06:13 PM

I remember a friend of mine in high school was buying souls one day for a pack of skittles. Turns out my twin brother decided instead of selling his own soul, he would sell mine without telling me. The friend said cause we were twins that it was "close enough" and the transaction was made. I got pwned.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember a friend of mine in high school was buying souls one day for a pack of skittles. Turns out my twin brother decided instead of selling his own soul, he would sell mine without telling me. The friend said cause we were twins that it was "close enough" and the transaction was made. I got pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
Old 06-29-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that really sucks man
Old 06-29-2005, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. But perhasps you can buy a replacement soul.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People are way too superstitious to do that even for 5$

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll buy your soul for 5$.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM

writing the word 'soul' on a piece of paper in exchange for 5 bucks seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn’t believe in God, but he wouldn’t sell his soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't even selling it, just putting it up for collateral.

I think this is awesome.

EDIT: I want an official looking piece of parchment in my trunk just for this kind of occasion.

BTW, what kind of paper did you have? Just hand written scribble?