Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 03:07 AM

Default First vegas trip

Going there for my 21st bday in august. i need to know where to play, where to party, where to eat, clubs, boobs, bars. any information would be great. maybe you have a web site to point me @. thank alot guys, i know youll help me out.
Moose
Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: First vegas trip

First a search would be in order. These questions are posted weekly if not daily on here.

Second, try these sites:
All Vegas Poker.com
Las Vegas Advisor
All things CHEAP in Vegas
Old 06-27-2005, 04:26 AM

where are you staying??? If you dont have a hotel yet I would reccomend TI, it's mid strip and you can get a pretty good price, plus they are trying to cater to the 20 somethings now so it was prime! When I went I stayed at the Imperial Palace, dont stay there! you can get a great deal on rooms and it is dead center on the strip, but the vibe there sucks and it is all people that are 50+, at least when I was there. I do reccomend playing poker there, great comp rate, $3 an hour, and it is full of idiots.

Food: I didn't get to as many different places to eat as I would have liked, but I highly reccomend Big Kitchen at Ballys for a good buffet that isn't crazy expensive.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where are you staying??? If you dont have a hotel yet I would reccomend TI, it's mid strip and you can get a pretty good price, plus they are trying to cater to the 20 somethings now so it was prime! When I went I stayed at the Imperial Palace, dont stay there! you can get a great deal on rooms and it is dead center on the strip, but the vibe there sucks and it is all people that are 50+, at least when I was there. I do reccomend playing poker there, great comp rate, $3 an hour, and it is full of idiots.

Food: I didn't get to as many different places to eat as I would have liked, but I highly reccomend Big Kitchen at Ballys for a good buffet that isn't crazy expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

im staying @ TI
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 AM

try this website too:
vegas.com
They have a lot of reviews of shows, restuarants, bars, etc. found it very helpful.

Nice choice on TI, you'll have to post a trip report when you get back.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:34 AM

The best massages....Ocean Spa...$50 for the first 30 mins... Off flamingo road...

OH yeah...stay away from the black jack tables until the last day...or you will have a LONG TRIP!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best massages....Ocean Spa...$50 for the first 30 mins... Off flamingo road...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats key, i forgot to ask about it. i cant wait to get one
Old 06-27-2005, 05:00 PM

Check out Rick Diesel's post... it was very helpful for my first time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out Rick Diesel's post... it was very helpful for my first time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading that I am reminded how I spend too much time playing poker while there and not enough of everything else. Oh, well theres always next time (6 months!!)
Old 06-27-2005, 05:33 PM

For some innocent fun, the rides on top of the Stratosphere are worth checking out.