Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 03:06 AM

Default KQo in The Sb, Confusion all around... need help

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Ok so I never call KQo to a raise but he got everyone to call so my potential of getting 2 pair or trips has to be good w/ the pot odds.(correct me if im wrong)

Flop: (14 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>

Great... I am now playign this hand. So im thinking its a bet or a check , I figgured I would be checking or betting to see where i was at no matter what so i choose take the "safe" route.

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

So i see that everyone called so i still dont know where i am in the hand...

Turn: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>

Being so confused I again decide to check, from lookign at the board and the actions of just callign i feel i am ahead of both MP2 and 3 so i decide to raise to knock out the other 2 to my left and go against the 2. Well that didnt work, but i didnt get 3 bet.

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (18 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

So looking at the numerous callers i felt i was behind the slowrolled set or 7 so i decided to check call for only 1 bet 2 and i fold obv.
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

So i really ask for your help in how to correctly play this hand one of the few thigns i wish i would have done is gay bet the turn. Appreciate all help.
-Andrew
Old 06-26-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: KQo in The Sb, Confusion all around... need help

I had to post because of your avatar/name. I am dying of laughter.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:22 AM

I'd fold this PF, because its unsuited and OOP. both of those reasons make this hand very undesireable. Off suit broadways go down in value in a big multiway pot, and even more in a raised multiway pot. I'd only play AKo here, IMO. I think you should check riase the flop, you hit TP2K and you called this flop? YOu really need to get aggressive on it. making your move on the turn is a little dangerous as someone with a seven has you beat now and there is a club draw. I don't understand your check on the river at all. you need to lead that, and call if you get raised. I think you are seeing mosters in the closet, don't, you are good here more then enough times, just lead the flop and be happy
Old 06-26-2005, 07:02 AM

Muck preflop.

I would probably lead this flop and hope UTG+1 raises for me to help and try to thin the field.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Muck preflop.

I would probably lead this flop and hope UTG+1 raises for me to help and try to thin the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said except I disagree with the preflop muck. I realize you are OOP but you are getting 8:1 on your call
Old 06-26-2005, 09:38 AM

Flop: Your flop play was bad. You need to bet this flop and hope UTG raises to thin out the field. You called this preflop then hit top Pair 2nd kicker on a ragged board.

Turn: you need to lead the turn here

River: this hand would have played out differently had you played it differently, I would also bet the river