Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 08:15 AM

Default QJo isolation hand

Unknown UTG poster. Hero raises with QJ with the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from LP. BB and UTG call.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

BB checks, UTG bets, hero calls, BB folds.

Turn is an offsuit 9.

UTG bets, hero calls.

Thoughts?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: QJo isolation hand

Why no turn raise? I think you missed a bet.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just here to confuse you all.

... I misread the OP and thought chief was holding the QJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the 2nd nut flush. My mistake.

So now my question is... What's your plan on the river?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 AM

FWIW, this is a hand I reviewed for someone else and I just found this one somewhat interesting. My first thought was that raising is an option to consider on the flop or the turn. Part of my thinking involves the fact that it's against a UTG poster. To me the fact that someone posted UTG makes the likelihood that he's on a pure bluff or betting the K/Q of hearts here somewhat higher. And if he's not betting a draw then it makes it more likely our outs are clean.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, this is a hand I reviewed for someone else and I just found this one somewhat interesting. My first thought was that raising is an option to consider on the flop or the turn. Part of my thinking involves the fact that it's against a UTG poster. To me the fact that someone posted UTG makes the likelihood that he's on a pure bluff or betting the K/Q of hearts here somewhat higher. And if he's not betting a draw then it makes it more likely our outs are clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me say this though:

I remember seeing a couple of threads in the past where someone said something like "UTG posted so he's a retard". This is bad for business...stereotyping someone's postflop play based on where they post. There is something in SSHE that seems to indicate to post for image, and I know several people that have misunderstood that, and I used to be one of them. I was posting anywhere, including UTG until probably 4 months. If someone were to make an assumption about my postflop play at that point, they would have made a serious mistake.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember seeing a couple of threads in the past where someone said something like "UTG posted so he's a retard". This is bad for business...stereotyping someone's postflop play based on where they post.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're dead-on here but, I think the bigger picture is sterotyping people based on too little information - which is basically what you're talking about when someone posts in EP.

So they come into the game and post in EP. Or open-limp in the CO/Button. Or open-check their LP post. What does this tell you about them? Nothing! If you already have stats on them then you already know how they play. If you had no stats on them previous to observing one of these "donk-type-moves" then the reality is: you still have no information on them. Maybe they misclicked in their post. Maybe they mis-read the position of the button and clicked "auto-post blind" when they should've waited a hand.

I don't think that we're overly stereotypical on this board but, on occassion we do make assumptions that are probably based on too little information.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To me the fact that someone posted UTG makes the likelihood that he's on a pure bluff or betting the K/Q of hearts here somewhat higher.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're disagreeing with this statement?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:34 AM

looks fine to me...I may raise any river card if utg is a poster.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:29 AM

looks fine. raising the turn would be capricious unless there is fold equity in play here, but i wouldn't think so. so... with 3rd nut flush draw plus nut str8 draw (15 outs) call seems the way to go.