Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 08:07 PM

Default \"I can\'t believe thats all you have, you overplayed your hand!!

15/30 Bellagio -
I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG, UTG + 1 calls, MP calls, BB calls.

I was steaming a little earlier, so my image is probably semi loose aggressive, even though Im only playing looser preflop in position. UTG +1 buys in under 500 and plays any two cards higher than ten despite position and whether or not it was raised. She also gets frusterated easy. She tends not to reevaulate her hand with current action. MP plays every hand. Not too much on BB.
Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, UTG+1 raises, MP calls, BB calls. Now I dont really like the flop, but I also didnt like getting called 3 times on my initial raise, so a Jack high flop is about as good as I can hope for here. So, I 3 bet. UTG+1 4 bets, MP folds (whew 1 down), BB calls, I decide I'm winning here and go ahead and 5 bet.
Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], MP is visabaly frusterated that he folded and I Bet. UTG+1 calls BB calls.
River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB mucks, I bet UTG+1 calls.

She followed with the comment in the subject line. Followed by some more smack talk.

Discuss
Old 06-18-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: \"I can\'t believe thats all you have, you overplayed your hand!!

[ QUOTE ]
MP is visabaly frusterated

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:21 PM

So some lady who <font color="red">plays any two cards higher than a ten despite position and whether or not it was raised </font> makes a comment on the play of a hand. And... You actually care what she had to say? Why did you post this?
Old 06-19-2005, 12:08 AM

I usually play AJ passively utg if at all especially in a loose game like that. My poker needs alot of work, cuz after the flop id be a little scared but probably wouldve played the flop just as hard. on the turn if resistance got heavy if probably i mightve mucked it overall gj with the hand, u extracted maximum value thruough sheer aggression. But i wouldnt be super convinced that that was the way to play it. If it was me with my meek 1/2 requirements, id have folded ajo utg
Old 06-19-2005, 05:18 AM

First of all, I dot undersand the logic behind the 1000 post requirements. If you want to mock me go ahead. I lurk on a few different boards and dont post too often. I have found this board to be the most thoughtful as far as hand anayalsis goes. If I have to post 1000 hands to get a valid response, all I can say is go [censored] yourself. I personally dont have time to post as often as you might have. If I have to post every chance I get and repeat answers that established members have already given to gain your respect, I dont want it. I am trying to be the best poker player as my intellect will let me be and I assume everyone else on this board is aspiring the same.
I expected some decent dicussion about this hand whether it was negative or positive. For those who actually care I will post the conclusion in the morning or early afternoon.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

First of all, I dot undersand the logic behind the 1000 post requirements. If you want to mock me go ahead. I lurk on a few different boards and dont post too often. I have found this board to be the most thoughtful as far as hand anayalsis goes

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take it so heavily.

When I first returned to 2+2 after the forum changed its structure, I was mocked like hell too (and still am!!!).

Anyways, you played the hand fine. Anyone with overpair on that board is gonna 3-bet preflop and if 33 played his hand passively on the turn and river, then he deserves the pussy of the year reward.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:26 PM

did you lose? 33?
Old 06-18-2005, 11:16 PM

Whether or not overplayed my hand was the ultimate discussion I was hoping to convey here. I have played this lady before but couldn't remember too much about her. She is a regular at the Bellagio, but I am assuming she is not a winning player.
This reminds me of these qoutes in the Cincinnati Kid. Where Steve McQueen says, "I must have overplayed my hand". The Man says,"thats a dangerous thing to do". Steve McQueen replies, "depends on who your sitting with".
I am hoping to get some discussion. I will reply later on the outcome and the trash talking that ensued. Its actually pretty amusing.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:26 PM

These kind of posts are only okay if you have at least 1000 posts; otherwise, you will get ridiculed.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These kind of posts are only okay if you have at least 1000 posts; otherwise, you will get ridiculed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deservedly IMO.