Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 12:49 AM

Default two preflop plays 3/5 Commmmmmmmerce NL

3/5 NL, 8 handed, 2 lags on my left with mucho cash

2nd hand at table:
I (195) get AA on MP3, three limps to me, I limp, lag pops it to 55 (!), blinds muck, one EP calls, I...?

10th hand at table:
two limps, i'm about to raise (450) with AK on CO, button lag says "i going raise this hand blind", I limp, he limps, SB makes it $20, two calls, I make it $120, lag on button pushes for $350 total, folded to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

to simplify it's 230 back at me to play 760ish pot.

interesting? anyone have a rule of thumb for #1?

fim
Old 06-12-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: two preflop plays 3/5 Commmmmmmmerce NL

1 is one of the easiest pushes in a cash game. in hand 2 I don't see how you can fold getting the odds you are. Against any hand besides AA you have enough pot odds to call with since you are closing the action.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 is one of the easiest pushes in a cash game.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think calling makes more?

fim
Old 06-12-2005, 12:55 AM

Hand #1 is tough, you could cold call, then pump him back on the flop, when he bets it again.... I think against DONKs that is the best play...

Hand #2 is an easy call if he is still blind.. and even if he isn't we can make this call, unless you are sure he has AA or KK, you are getting 2:1 and are at worst probably racing
Old 06-12-2005, 12:59 AM

Easy push on the first hand... he will not give you credit for a premium hand and he will call you with anything but a complete bluff (and even if he somehow folds, the other dude will likely call due to his pot odds). When I see this in the small stakes online games it's almost always some small pocket pair; I'm assuming your opponents will read the situation similarly.

The second hand is rather interesting... it would be helpful to find out at what point the dude actually looked at his cards. I think the pot is too big for you to fold now. The results of the AA hand may also influence my thinking here -- if you limp/reraised that hand and ended up showing down your AA then I'd be a bit worried here, whereas if you just called the 55 cold on that hand then your limp/reraise on this hand may be given less respect. I don't think that alone will sway my decision, but it's something to think about at least, in conjunction with the other factors (such as when the button looked at his cards... I'm assuming it was before he limped?)
Old 06-12-2005, 07:24 AM

So $133 is in the pot of potentially you and two others and calling the $55 would leave you with $140 and a pot of $183..

It's probably best to push here and maybe the EP player will fold, not that it wouldn't be nice to triple up....
Old 06-12-2005, 10:13 AM

Hand 1: Why are you so short? What abot min-raising? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I actually think that's what I'd do. Oh well, you're table image is probably tells them that your good, so you can't do that. Just call and check raise (or check call for that matter) all in on the flop.

Hand 2: If villain got AA or KK after declaring he was going to raise blind, limping after limpers on the button would be such a crazy-strange move. You have to call.

EDIT: No wait, they haven't seen you before and it's second hand at the table? Min-raising in hand 1 is not out of the question maybe. Nah [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm talking rubbish. Calling is by far superior, since you can double up if raiser holds AK (or whatever other hand he holds). If you min-raise and push the flop, he can get away from no-pair at least.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:17 AM

i have no idea what your problem is in hand 2. as long as he doesnt have AA or KK your call is very +EV. at what point does he look at his cards?
Old 06-12-2005, 11:50 AM

Easy push, easy call. No? I smell FPS on the first one, man.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:09 PM

Hand 1: Have you played with any of these people before?

If not since it's your second hand of the table AND you overlimped against 3 other limpers I seriously doubt they are going to give you credit for AA/KK. You should be able to get some pretty loose calls here by pushing. I think I would definetly push here in a live cash game.

Getting fancy and c/r all-in on the flop might actually loose one of the guys if he had AK/AQ and doesn't connect when they might call pre-flop.