Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Why do Men Leave Thier Wives?

We do men leave their wives after being married for a long time? I had a discussion with some women who thought it was about sex. I think it is usually other things.

What do you think are the most common causes?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Why do Men Leave Thier Wives?

Nagging.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not cleaning, getting old, getting fat, disobeying, ... the list goes on.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner!

It's that simple!
Old 06-10-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nagging.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is partly right. Men will put up with nagging if adequately compensated. However, after a few years, women always want to rewrite the contract like it's some kind of union thing. The new contract always reads along the lines of "I will now increase my nagging quota and reduce the compensation by not doing all those things I used to do that you liked."
Old 06-10-2005, 01:18 PM

Default I would add complacency and the.......

........unconditionally love myth.

I've seen many women once they get married they let themselves go (guys do this as well) and stop putting the effort into the relationship they did before marriage. I've think they have watch too much Oprah about the MYTH of being loved unconditionally. They interpret 'unconditional love' as a license to be demanding, nagging, being complacent about making themselves attractive to their husbands and YET they expect to be loved forever despite their unattractive behavior.

If they want to be loved forever unconditionally, then they need to continue to be the person that their husbands fell in love with. I think a LOT OF WOMEN alter their TRUE personalities BEFORE marriage to please their men and get that gold ring on their finger. Once they get married, their real personalities emerge and their men don't understand what happen.

I was once friends with a femme fatale' who I considered to be an expert on women (I learned a lot from her). She told me that guys should date women they want to marry a minimum of two years because lots of women will alter their personalities while dating their men. She said they can keep up the act for one year EASILY. She said some can keep the act up for two years but NONE of them can keep the act up for three years... For women who are themselves while dating (i.e. they weren't acting!), I think their marriages have a much higher success rates.

My brother just got married and two weeks after being married they were seperated with her begging him to come back (during a fight she screamed at him to get out of HER house, so he did and went to his house he bought before their marriage). All during their 10 month dating period he never once saw any hint of this post-marriage personality that emerged.

At the chiropractor office I go to, there is this women who works there who had an OK face but a ROCK-HARD body. Her body was the type that would HYPNOTIZE and MESMERIZE! She has been married for a month and she has already gained 15 lbs... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: I would add complacency and the.......

[ QUOTE ]
........unconditionally love myth.

I've seen many women once they get married they let themselves go (guys do this as well) and stop putting the effort into the relationship they did before marriage. I've think they have watch too much Oprah about the MYTH of being loved unconditionally. They interpret 'unconditional love' as a license to be demanding, nagging, being complacent about making themselves attractive to their husbands and YET they expect to be loved forever despite their unattractive behavior.

If they want to be loved forever unconditionally, then they need to continue to be the person that their husbands fell in love with. I think a LOT OF WOMEN alter their TRUE personalities BEFORE marriage to please their men and get that gold ring on their finger. Once they get married, their real personalities emerge and their men don't understand what happen.

I was once friends with a femme fatale' who I considered to be an expert on women (I learned a lot from her). She told me that guys should date women they want to marry a minimum of two years because lots of women will alter their personalities while dating their men. She said they can keep up the act for one year EASILY. She said some can keep the act up for two years but NONE of them can keep the act up for three years... For women who are themselves while dating (i.e. they weren't acting!), I think their marriages have a much higher success rates.

My brother just got married and two weeks after being married they were seperated with her begging him to come back (during a fight she screamed at him to get out of HER house, so he did and went to his house he bought before their marriage). All during their 10 month dating period he never once saw any hint of this post-marriage personality that emerged.

At the chiropractor office I go to, there is this women who works there who had an OK face but a ROCK-HARD body. Her body was the type that would HYPNOTIZE and MESMERIZE! She has been married for a month and she has already gained 15 lbs... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a deep and broad subject, but there is a lot of truth there. Lots of people can't wait to start taking as many people as possible for granted, and it's especially foolish and poisonous when women treat love and appreciation as if it were some sort of right that can be shrilly and uncompromisingly demanded, like a sort of emotional welfare check, without doing any work.

They forget that men are very sexual and visually-oriented, on the one hand, and that you can't force people to love you or make the terms. "You are going to love me regardless of my behavior or appearance" is a perilously stupid goal in a relationship. Disguising itself as having to do with love, it's actually completely about selfishness and self-absorption.

Your last paragraph reminded me of what a girl in my office said. "Finally I have a boyfriend again. Now I can stop dieting and working out." She was true to her word, poor dumb self-sabotaging thing. This was a girl who had absolutely nothing to recommend her besides her body. Her analogues are, if not quite everywhere, extremely easy to find in quantity.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your last paragraph reminded me of what a girl in my office said. "Finally I have a boyfriend again. Now I can stop dieting and working out." She was true to her word, poor dumb self-sabotaging thing. This was a girl who had absolutely nothing to recommend her besides her body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

What did she do for a living?

How much of a difference did working out create on her body? Night and day? Or only slightly?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure she's not prego?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:40 PM

Closed Thread