Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 01:28 AM

Default King Yao\'s book on backorder for 1 month :(

Yep... its been 3 weeks since I ordered it from Amazon. They decided to send me Sklansky on Poker and Concepts in Lowball (looking forward to that one since I've been playing so much Triple Draw 2-7 lately) by breaking up the order since the delay is going to be so great.

Hmm... depressing.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: King Yao\'s book on backorder for 1 month :(

There are other sellers you can buy from on Amazon. I got mine from mediacrazy for <$22 including shipping. I received it ~3 days after ordering.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:45 AM

'Fraid so - they shipped mine in like 3 weeks. Hope you have better luck than I did!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:24 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, I wish there was something I could do. My publisher recently sent out a bunch of books to the wholesalers. Hopefully it won't take much longer for them to get it out to the retailers. It will probably just get worse in the next month though, so its good you already ordered it. My publisher is out of inventory, and the second printing won't be available for a month or so. That will probably affect orders that are placed about two weeks from now.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to hear that, I wish there was something I could do. My publisher recently sent out a bunch of books to the wholesalers. Hopefully it won't take much longer for them to get it out to the retailers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not currently waiting for a copy of this - but checked out of curiosity with my wholesaler and he still shows it as on order from publisher.

To the OP: a month is not such a long time for a backorder. In fact, many of the wholesale warehouses only order once a month from smaller publishers; the retailers prefer to have a bundle of special orders come in together rather than trickle in one at a time with extra shipping on each; a lot of books are shipped surface and not air to save money (both publisher to wholesaler and wholesaler to retailer). Come to think of it, a month is about the shortest backorder I've had, two is more typical.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:38 AM

Default What?

If I have to wait for a month for this book, I'm hunting you down...
Old 06-15-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Start running, King Yao ....

Not ONLY am I getting repeated delays on getting this book from Amazon, [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] it's holding up my delivery of HOH 2 since they were packaged together to get free shipping! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

This is what happens when I try to save a few bucks instead of ordering from Conjelco like I should have... I didn't think Chuck would have the King Yao book (it wasn't listed when I ordered). Foolish, foolish me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

King, this book of yours better live up to the hype, or I'm sending NWA out to your neighborhood! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Start running, King Yao ....

Amazon says "usually ships within 24 hours", whereas at one point last week it said "usually ships within 1-2 months". I'm surprised they still have delays.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:40 PM

I ordered my copy from Amazon.com along with HOH2 on the 13th and they both shipped yesterday, should be arriving sometime today. Not sure why some people are still getting delays.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Order date 6/2/05
Original Ship date, confirmed by support last week 6/14 (because of the HOH2 preorder).

6/11/05 email from Amazon support:
<font color="blue"> Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have checked your order, and I can confirm that we still expect to ship it in time for delivery by the date listed in Your Account: June 17, 2005.

We will send you an e-mail to let you know when the order has been shipped. Please feel free to contact us again at .. if you do not receive this e-mail by June 15, 2005.

Please note that the item "Harrington on Hold'em Expert Strategy for No limit Tournaments: Endplay, 2" is listed with an availability estimate of "Usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks" on our web site.

Items listed as "usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks" typically take up to 1 to 2 weeks to obtain and prepare for shipment, but can occasionally take longer.
<font color="red">However, please note that the item "Weighing the Odds in Hold?em Poker" is still available at 24 hours availability and we have this item on our hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] However, we are waiting to receive your copy of "Harrington on Hold'em Expert Strategy for No limit Tournaments: Endplay, 2" so that we can ship your entire order.</font></font>

Today on Amazon:
<font color="green">WOH: (New listing in my account) Shipping estimate: June 17, 2005 - June 22, 2005
Delivery estimate: June 24, 2005 - July 5, 2005

HOH2: Shipping estimate: June 14, 2005
Delivery estimate: June 16, 2005 - June 17, 2005 </font>

I guess on-hand doesn't mean what it used to.... or the bastards sold it out from under me.

They are listing it as if they're splitting up the shipment now, but since I have no Amazon confirmation that HOH2 is being shipped, I'll believe it when I see it.

If Amazon replies to my email, they'd better not tell me incorrectly that they have either book "in hand" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]