Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Epilogue and apologies

I thought I’d wait until all the hoo-hah had died down before making a post that will bring closure to those of you for whom this has been a traumatic experience (basically Jake).

About a year ago my 3/6 game was going to [censored], and I wanted some quick advice. I’d had limited success with an old account because you mainly get advice from fellow newbies when you’re a newbie, which isn’t all that helpful. So I simply made a new account and stuck a pic of a cute girl next to it, and got the advice I was after. I certainly never expected to be still posting under the same account a year later. I didn’t even think it would work, or that it would last at most a week or a month.

I now feel guilty that I short-circuited the usual way of building up a reputation that enables you to get good advice, but I hope I’ve answered enough newbie questions over the last year to make amends somewhat, and that there has been a certain entertainment value to the whole thing. I did try and establish a second genuine account, but I just didn’t have the time to juggle both accounts.

There are plenty of other people I owe an apology to, obviously PJN and sublime, and I apologize now. But honestly people should get off their case. If the roles had been reversed I’d have done exactly the same. Maybe 99.99% of the time you’ve been suckered, but you only have to be right once to make it worthwhile. Furthermore, it was always in public and it was always good-humored. There were plenty of posters who chased pokerjo in PMs and emails etc., some of them far more persistent than PJN and sublime, some of whom are now giving PJN and sublime grief.

Other times it was tough to know where to draw the line in establishing the character of pokerjo, and I may have overstepped it on a number of occassions. I got blindsided once or twice when people revealed stuff to me they wouldn’t have done if they knew I was a guy. In those situations I offered the best advice I was able, but please accept my apologies.

My biggest apologies go to the real women on these boards. If anything, the last year has taught me how tough you have it (although clearly you have the advantage of getting better poker advice than the guys!). I was probably hypersensitive to it, having never experienced it as a guy, but there were a number of times when people were condescending or patronizing or otherwise dismissive of an argument I made, which I knew would never have happened if I’d posted as a guy. Admittedly that only applies to a handful of posts, but nevertheless it was an eye-opener.

I probably should also apologize to zoeymodel, but despite repeated requests to apologize to her in person that has simply resulted in a restraining order.

Also, I should point out there are now multiple pokerjos all over the place. I don’t play online under pokerjo (my handles are only vaguely related) and I don’t post on other message boards. Despite that I notice pokerjos cropping up everywhere now. So I guess impersonators impersonating someone impersonating pokerjo, or something like that.

I’m not sure what to do with the account now. My original intention was to let it die as soon as it was exposed, but after a year I’m kind of attached to it. So I think I’ll just stick it out.

Anyway, flame on.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Epilogue and apologies

Bring back the avatar(s).
Old 06-03-2005, 05:06 PM

Villain in this piece is 40/9/1, slightly loose around the labia, but tightens up when faced with aggression postflop.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:13 PM

i think you need to post a real pic of yourself

edit: holding a sign that says 2+2 or I <3 pjn
Old 06-03-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: holding a sign that says I <3 pjn

[/ QUOTE ]

<-- your play
Old 06-03-2005, 05:17 PM

You used Zoeymodel.com to use as pretend pictures of yourself?

BRILLIANT!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: holding a sign that says 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

i was being serious
Old 06-03-2005, 07:00 PM

Why?

Who cares what pokerjo looks like? It's a guy.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

Who cares what pokerjo looks like?

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you like to be hated, but why do you like people to think you are stupid? This time you don't even know why. But everyone else does, and it is your stupidest moment which is hard to imagine. I'm serious.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Questions

fwiw, i think it's fascinating, bruised feelings aside; so i had a few questions:

1. how hard was it to get into a woman-mindset? did it get easier?

2. how did it alter your perception of like, communication from men to women? anything applicable to your own dealings w/ women? it sounds like you sympathize much more now w/ some of the flack gals get...

3. did girls ever like, seek you out to "girl-talk" in this sausagefest forum? i know there was a pokerjo vs. jennicide hotness thing for a while...

4. did you ever feel like sometimes your post replies were overly "softball" replies? I noticed that many times, a post from you in the mid-high forum got exceedingly polite and usually nodding replies. and, if the reply was corrective, it was usually prefaced w/ a compliment or a qualification

thx...
--oj.