Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: PL Omaha Hi $200
My Best Roi 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Preflop quiz #2

Some of you might have already anwered this quiz I posted earlier today. After getting inspired Royale Nick decided to become Crazy Nick and went into "gonzo LAG-bot"-mode for one session (over 1200 hands). Yet he didn't manage to get his vpip for the session over 14%, 13.8% was a disappointment, but it resulted in this new quiz:

Hand 1:
Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of 3$. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Hero...
Limpers is pretty solid.
Posters unknown.
SB 29/3
BB 15/10

Hand 2:
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero...
MP3 16/5
CO 19/10
Button 24/2
SB 38/4
BB 19/6

Hand 3:
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero...
UTG+1 sucks 36/1
MP1 is TAGish 17/8
No reads on the blinds

Hand 4:
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero...
First limper sucks 52/0
Second is a friend of mine, he's a decent.

Hand 5:
Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero...
First limer is pretty bad ~33/4
Second has TAGish stats ~19/9

Old 06-02-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Preflop quiz #2

I chose raise...fold...fold...fold...raise FWIW.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I chose raise...fold...fold...fold...raise FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise hand 1. I thought about it a long time, but decided to fold. I played the other hands like you voted.

The answer I want to get from the quiz is mainly if I'm missing any vpip by folding hand 3 and 4, but it doesn't seem that way.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, 8. MP3 posts a blind of 3$. CO posts a blind of $3.
3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How many MP3s are there?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! I actually edited that hand since I couldn't find the hand I was looking for. Hero is button.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! I actually edited that hand since I couldn't find the hand I was looking for. Hero is button.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I fold rather than checking my posted blind :-P.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:27 PM

I raise the A8o. It's probably close, but with tight blinds they will be more apt to fold, which will probably also make the posters more apt to fold. Odds are if either of them had a halfway decent hand you'd see a raise (from a decent portion of players anyway).

I said raise the A6s, again b/c we have tight players behind. Good chance to get it HU with a blind or just take them down. It would also depend, however, on how well they play postflop (esp the blinds). I'd be less apt to isolate a tricky, good TAG in the BB than a predictable ABC one.

3 and 4 were folds; QJo is pretty marginal, esp multiway. I'd rather be in the CO or button with it. ATo is a fold for me until about MP2 (which is weird b/c AJo is an UTG raise for me...hmmm, similar to the J9s/JTs thing?)

5 feels like a pretty easy raise, late position, only 2 limpers, could buy the button, plus the TAGs stats make it seem like he'd raise any better A here, so you have less fear of domination from him, anyway.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:02 AM

We lined up on 4/5 chum but...

[ QUOTE ]
3 and 4 were folds; QJo is pretty marginal, esp multiway. I'd rather be in the CO or button with it. ATo is a fold for me until about MP2 (which is weird b/c AJo is an UTG raise for me...hmmm, similar to the J9s/JTs thing?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't pitch ATo from MP1 in an unraised pot.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:37 AM

Yeah, like I said, if I'm raising AJo UTG, ATo 3 spots later should certainly be played. Also, I'm going to PM you some hands from Soaring Eagle. Some crazy stuff. See if anything is postable, as I am longing to post a hand that generates interest.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:33 PM

Hand 1 looks like a limp reraise if the player is solid, esp if he knows you are too. I check.

Hand 2 is a raise, especially with that loose SB. Hopefully he will call you with a very large range of hands.

Hand 3 I call. The TAG has some PP &lt;99 the vast majority of the time. This is a profitable situation.

Hand 4 is another raise. The decent player would have raised anything that dominates you, he most likely has a lowish PP or possibly a suited broadway hand.

Hand 5 I raise for positional advantage.