Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Do you make this fold vs Chef?

I think the evil Iron Chef is stalking me - keeps showing up at my table this weekend. Chef is seat 8. Is the fifth street fold showing too much respect?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double bets___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Old 05-29-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Do you make this fold vs Chef?

what could he possibly have... J, K, A are all fairly dead so it's hard to see how he's ahead on 4th. His flush is fairly live but would he complete with 3 flush and raise a doublebet with a 4flush?
Old 05-29-2005, 09:55 PM

Ugh...tough spot, but the more I think about it the more I like the fold

He played it like a monster - but there is 2 Js out so he isnt rolled up. Do you have any read on seat 3 does chef respect him? I have been pretty successfuly avoiding Chef thus far = would he be this agg on 4th with a flush draw? I think Chef has a hand like (AxA [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])JK9 on 5th more then he has a made flush in either case your in bad shape.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:08 PM

beta,

Seat 3 is not very good, so I doubtChef respects him. I didn't think Chef was betting a three or a four flush like that, but she seemed to be backing into a flush that could beat mine if she hit it. Note that the hearts were also really live.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh...tough spot, but the more I think about it the more I like the fold

He played it like a monster - but there is 2 Js out so he isnt rolled up. Do you have any read on seat 3 does chef respect him? I have been pretty successfuly avoiding Chef thus far = would he be this agg on 4th with a flush draw? I think Chef has a hand like (AxA [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])JK9 on 5th more then he has a made flush in either case your in bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the hand I'd guess, so I'm not folding, but like beta said, if seat 3 is a good player, that changes things, still, how can you put him on 3 to a flush to start?

edit: didn't see your post, so wasn't cheating... if you put chef on this hand, I wouldn't fold unless you saw her catch another heart on 6, (obviously if you miss your flush), or you get trapped between the other two betting heavy on 7th. And even if chef missed her flush on 7th, she might still try and raise the bad player to convince you to fold your weak flush, vs. chef's river 2 pair.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Humourous aside

Do any of you guys know if this Ming guy has a sense of humour? I lost a $300 pot where my rolled aces got beat be a river boat.

A while later I asked villain if he felt guilty because I had kicked the dog after I lost. Ming who had just sat down said "IF YOU KICK DOGS YOU DESERVE TO LOSE". Caps were on - Chef said I think hes joking, and Ming went on about how maybe it was really true.

I ended up telling him that I was joking about the dog and he settled down. Later I told him I drowned my budgie instead, and he kept quiet. Guess he doesn't like birds as much as dogs [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Humourous aside

Only time I have ever seen Ming chat is when he is apologizing for sitting out so much after people get pissed at him, so I doubt he has a sense of humor.

If he wasnt so predictable I would never want him at my table.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Hello,Steam! I like ur fold on 5th...

U have a non-quality flush draw . U are probably drawing dead . If not drawing dead,to continue to draw on 5th and 6th will be too expensive.
Nice lay-down
SittingBull
Old 05-30-2005, 07:35 AM

I hate the fold.
What do you think he was raising with on 4th? I can’t see him raising with a flush draw; I can’t see him raising with aces; but he’s going to raise every time with JKJK, right? In that case, he can’t be backing into a flush draw… he can only have 3 hearts on 5th, and would have to catch runner runner to make a flush. And he can’t make a boat! You have a very live flush draw and a gutshot… I hate the fold.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:11 AM

Roland - I'm interested in your kings theory - what makes you want to believe that she has kings versus aces? On fifth, kings were deader than aces. Chef is a very careful player - hence the demonstrated strength against paired kings was troubling.