Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 01:45 AM

Default the post flop donk bet trifecta ?

10/20 5 max - i get 73o in the BB - the SB completes - i chose check

the SB is a super chook

flop is J J 7 rainbow - SB bets and its capped

turn is an A - SB bets - i raise and he calls

river is a 5 - SB bets - i raise and he calls

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 05-27-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: the post flop donk bet trifecta ?

Please tell me you won this hand, because that would be too sweet. This line would never work for me, he would have had 55 and rivered the set if I was playing that hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nigel
Old 05-27-2005, 02:56 AM

Did he have 75? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Hope it worked out.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:56 AM

how big a chook are we talking here? Unless he is capable of folding the turn to your raise, I really dont see any point in raising. If he doesnt have a jack, hes got a seven, and its a split pot. Theres a chance he could have an Ace. What exactly do you put him on that you beat? If hes the type of moron who will play like this with 9 high, then I dont understand the point of this post.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how big a chook are we talking here?

[/ QUOTE ]

very big

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he is capable of folding the turn to your raise, I really dont see any point in raising. If he doesnt have a jack, hes got a seven, and its a split pot

[/ QUOTE ]

he was a big enough chook that i raised the turn because i thought i was likely in front

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly do you put him on that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

i put him on a bluff that he couldnt get away from

[ QUOTE ]
If hes the type of moron who will play like this with 9 high, then I dont understand the point of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

i posted it mostly because i cant recall taking a similar line and as per my other recent post i had a day full of chip spewing aggro

i have hit the short handed tables almost full time over the last 6-7 weeks which marks the end of a long spell of concentrating on my NL tournament game - i think my views about short handed have changed since last i played and read this forum consistently

i am in serious danger of losing all conscious technical interest - today i raised 64s UTG because there was a poster and i folded 99 on the button after the cutoff open raised - i think my game has improved and i'm wondering why

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 05-27-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i folded 99 on the button after the cutoff open raised

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and i folded 99 on the button after the cutoff open raised - i think my game has improved and i'm wondering why

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you are allowed to make a statement as shocking and controversial as that, and then not explain the reasoning behind it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 12:59 PM

Tell me you had a ton of hands with this guy and his PFR was like 2% over 2000 hands.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i have hit the short handed tables almost full time over the last 6-7 weeks which marks the end of a long spell of concentrating on my NL tournament game - i think my views about short handed have changed since last i played and read this forum consistently

i am in serious danger of losing all conscious technical interest - today i raised 64s UTG because there was a poster and i folded 99 on the button after the cutoff open raised - i think my game has improved and i'm wondering why

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seriously considering coming home to 6 max after a foray to NL tourney land myself. Both those plays are interesting from that perspective. Do you think its going to help or hurt?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:02 PM

I don't understand the term chook.

But if you're implying that he is terrible, I would just call down on the turn. I mean if he's bluffing he could just dump it on the turn, and you lose a bet that you would have gotten on the river when he fires again.

I think the raise on the river is just terrible, I mean if he did just bluff the river he should in theory fold any no pair hand. If you have equity, an ace will probably just call but if he has a made hand like J5 he's going to 3 bet you. A 7 as well is going to call the river so you aren't knocking him out of the chop with this pot for one more bet.

I don't like this line at all.