Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 04:24 AM

Default I don\'t like my line, but what\'s a better one?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) converter

BB ($14.15)
UTG ($30.1)
MP1 ($40.1)
MP2 ($32)
Hero ($80.85)
Button ($11.85)
SB ($54.6)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($8.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($14.35) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13</font>...

The river bet was supposed to be $15 but my slider didn't quite make it.

So throughout the hand I'm very confused. His possibly holds are basically a made flush (I'm f*cked), an overpair with no diamond, an overpair with a diamond, a single higher diamond, or just a complete bluff.

Sooo.. does anyone hate the way I played it? What's better? Raising the flop? Turn? Just folding somewhere?
Old 04-29-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: I don\'t like my line, but what\'s a better one?

if the turned brick were you gonna call a bet? If so I recomend raising the turn to charge him to draw if he has just a high diamond

fold to a reraise and check behind on the river except if a T comes

just my opinion
Old 04-29-2005, 05:05 AM

You mean river bricked? I don't know. If he bet $3 again, I might just have to call. I agree that I want to charge him for a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but I'm not sure he has one. The tricky thing is that I have no idea which one of us is even drawing here.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:09 AM

I would raise the flop here. You have an overpair and a decent draw. I really would prefer not to see the 4th diamond though.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:53 AM

If you're slowplaying your overpair vs what you think is a continuation better then your play is perfect though a little too loose for me. Otherwise you should raise the flop to see where you're at. Most likely he will only 3 bet with overpair and will fold AK type hands but call them with the diamond draw - either way you have a much better idea where you're at. Only fear is he calls with AK/Q of diamonds slowplaying you but how likely is that?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:30 PM

I would definitely raise unless there was a small chance he's a maniac and would move in. Otherwise a flop raise is almost required to get a feel.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:01 AM

8 on the flop, take it from there.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:05 AM

Did this guy routinely underbet the pot all the time? If not, I am inclined to raise him on the flop, and if he calls that, then I bet about 2/3 pot on the turn and take a free showdown on any river other than a ten. I may wait until the turn to raise though, as there are a number of ugly cards that could still fall and it may be worth it to just keep the pot smaller, even at the risk of letting him catch something to beat you. (If he has two overcards with a diamond on the flop then you're not even a favorite with two cards to come.)
Old 04-29-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has two overcards with a diamond on the flop then you're not even a favorite with two cards to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I think that this is a reason to maybe jack it up here or the turn. I needs to be done. I'm leaning for the turn because I think the flush draw will have less odds to call. I think I woudl make it a 2/3 - pot raise on the turn. You might get a push from him which may or may not be a good thing.

-Gryph
Old 04-29-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(If he has two overcards with a diamond on the flop then you're not even a favorite with two cards to come.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Board: 5d 3d 8d

Hand 1: 51.1111 % [ 00.51 00.00 ] { TdTc }
Hand 2: 48.8889 % [ 00.49 00.00 ] { KhQd }