Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 12:18 AM

Default AA. Capped pf. Evil flop.

Just sat down...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero???

On the flop, I put UTG on a big pair (maybe AK) as per his pf 3-bet. He pulls the clever limp-reraise which usually means something big in my experience. QQ would obviously haved me f*cked. Am I calling the flop 3 bet? Capping seems a bit over the top..

On the turn, After UTG has me facing two-cold, I put UTG on KK and figure BB for some raggedy Q. BB doesnt go away on the flop and we do all the raising for him. Is the pot too big to fold?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: AA. Capped pf. Evil flop.

this might be one of those WA/WB situations
Old 04-29-2005, 12:30 AM

In my experience, UTG limp-reraises are usually AA or KK; obviously, QQ or any other pair, a big Ace, a speculative hand or random garbage are also possibilities. I really narrowed it down there!

Regardless, when the BB C/R that flop after all the pre-flop action and action on the flop, I'm really hating the prospect of putting anymore money in the pot. I want to fold the turn, but I'm not sure it's right given the size of the pot. Also, I think capping the flop is a little overboard.

The problem with calling the turn is that I think it's very, very likely that the BB will 3-bet and UTG may cap or call; either way, it just further kills you. I really think I'd curse and fold the turn, despite the size of the pot.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:31 AM

I'd call BB's flop 3bet, and fold the turn UI to the two bets.

BB's flop play screams Queen.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:34 AM

You're almost getting 10-1 here, but I think it will get raised behind you again. UTG doesn't care what's on the board, you do. The BB woke up on the flop, which is a really bad sign. Figuring on the turn being reraised, you're getting more like 7-1 and so I think you should fold.

The one exception is if you are up against maniacs, then of course you have to call, but you didn't provide us with any reads.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:46 AM

BB shows Q5 for the flopped monster.
UTG shows 77.

For good measure, the river gave her quad queens.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:47 AM

thats evil &gt;&lt;
Old 04-29-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For good measure, the river gave her quad queens.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet every one at the table was so impressed. Oh, quads.

So what did you do?
Old 04-29-2005, 05:23 AM

Shamefully, I missed my chance to fold. Called down from that point forward. My eyes lit up with the river Q, I figured there was some chance I was dragging this bot but alas...
Old 04-29-2005, 05:23 AM

You played it fine I think. You can fold on the turn here I think. It really looks like UTG has like KK or also AA, but BB is concerning me here. If only UTG would go bonkers here, I would stay in, to see him turning over his cowboys in the end, but BB makes the turn an easier decision to fold imo.