Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Tuan Le doing well at Bellagio

OK, everybody that gave Tuan such a hard time on this forum for the way he played at Foxwoods (at least the hands that they showed on TV) - he is near the top of the leaderboard in another major tournament. I hope for your sake that he does not win this one and make you look foolish. His aggressive style is paying off again. I am rooting for him to win it. I wish I was there competing.

Temp
Old 04-21-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Tuan Le doing well at Bellagio

Tuan Le is world champion of NL Holdem. People may talk trash, but they sure don't want him at their final table with a big stack.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:05 AM

Ofcourse they don't want him at the final table with a large stack because then he can take shot after shot on the smaller stacks and he will suck out eventually to knock them out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 02:09 AM

This man is Poker champion of my state, I am backing you Tuan, for everything else in CT sure has let me down this year.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:55 AM

Unbeleivable! Nam Le is now my 2nd favorite poker player, although I do hate all the nonsense about first is the only thing that matters. It's pretty delusional, but his table image is awesome.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:33 AM

The guy is obviously a great player. My problem with him(not that anyone cares) was that he seemed to be a jerk. So I PM'd Temp to ask and as you can see Temp thought very highly of him. My perception of him on TV appears to be off.

So good luck to the young man. I'm still rooting for Ivey and Raymer though.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This man is Poker champion of my state, I am backing you Tuan, for everything else in CT sure has let me down this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the way we represent the 203/860.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 04-22-2005, 09:17 AM

Hey Temp, there is no way we can doubt Tuan's talent at the table. To win at Foxwoods and to now be near the chip lead, he is obviously doing something right. But my question is what do you believe he is doing right? On TV he seems wreckless, but at the pro level you can't be wreckless an get away with it. I imagine for the most part he probably wins lots of unchallenged pots? Is he an awesome post flop player? Does he constantly put in the proper bet to kill the opponents pot odds, or is he just really good at reading what an opponent has?
Old 04-22-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Temp, there is no way we can doubt Tuan's talent at the table. To win at Foxwoods and to now be near the chip lead, he is obviously doing something right. But my question is what do you believe he is doing right? On TV he seems wreckless, but at the pro level you can't be wreckless an get away with it. I imagine for the most part he probably wins lots of unchallenged pots? Is he an awesome post flop player? Does he constantly put in the proper bet to kill the opponents pot odds, or is he just really good at reading what an opponent has?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know how Tuan is playing at the Bellagio, but from what I saw of him at Foxwoods his aggression frustrated people and made people make mistakes against him. When he has the chips, he literally raises every hand. You may have picked up on that based on player's reactions to him when he folded or limped pre-flop (including me). By raising every hand it is very difficult to put him on a hand. He will also "look you up" so you better be prepared if you play back at him. This strategy is hard to pull off without a lot of chips and he has managed to accumulate a lot of chips again.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:47 AM

Default For Jen

[ QUOTE ]
OK, everybody that gave Tuan such a hard time on this forum for the way he played at Foxwoods (at least the hands that they showed on TV) - he is near the top of the leaderboard in another major tournament. I hope for your sake that he does not win this one and make you look foolish. His aggressive style is paying off again. I am rooting for him to win it. I wish I was there competing.

Temp

[/ QUOTE ]

You're shrit was [censored] at that final table