Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Am I right to slow down with this KK?

MP2 is TAG (16/8) but no real read on the others (I just started playing the table). Basically I was almost sure I was beat by a set or AA, but the pot seemed too big to fold.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (18.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (26.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 30.50 BB
Old 04-13-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Am I right to slow down with this KK?

Looks good to me.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:59 AM

I would cap this flop to see if MP2 likes his hand enough to call 2 more cold back to him. Then I would bet out the turn regardless if he calls and especially if he folds. I am going to see a showdown anyway with my overpair in a pot this large so I might as well be the one showing strength.

Since you didn't raise the flop I would still bet out this turn. Keep in mind that they could both be playing QQ or JJ aggressively fearing and overcards to hit. If the turn is raised and then reraised then you are probably looking at AA or TT, but even then QQ could be a real possibility or maybe even the other KK! The river check is fine as you don't want to get raised at this point and you will make money on overcalls if your hand is good.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:00 AM

Note: Replying as board suggested challenge to improve my skills.

Pre-flop:

Raise, reraise, cap. KK, get all the action you can.

Flop:

Bet out. With no real read on the button player, I'd be more worried about MP2s raise he probably has a similar hand as you. Button's 3-bet could be a set or just 2-pair. With a raise and re-raise, I'd be hesitant to cap.

Turn:

Check/call is probably the right thing. Can't fold due to the huge pot. Raise and 3-bet at least indicates 2 pair.

River:

Check/call as above. MP2 might have been on a flush draw, or might have 2-pair and feared a set. Can't fold due to pot size.

How'd I do?

J
Old 04-13-2005, 06:45 AM

`grunching`

I think you should cap the flop and bet the turn, and if you get raised on the turn, then you go into calldown mode. I'm thinking Button is a pretty bad player, because all the hands that he could possibly have to beat you, he probably shouldn't be playing in this situation...
Old 04-13-2005, 07:51 AM

I'd cap the flop, lead the turn, and call down from there. although the action on the flop is a little intimidating, there's a number of hands that could be played this way that you are still ahead of (QQ, JJ, or perhaps someone jamming high clubs).
Old 04-13-2005, 09:56 AM

I'd cap the flop, lead the turn before i started to slow down.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the general consensus is to wait until after the flop to slow down.

Results:
<font color="white"> Button shows [ Qd, Ts ] a pair of tens.
SB doesn't show [ 6d, 6c ] a pair of sixes.
Hero shows [ Ks, Kd ] a pair of kings.
MP2 doesn't show [ Jc, Jh ] a pair of jacks.

Someone else says something like "Wow thats pretty aggressive for not having much" and Button replies "did you not see my cards???"... and Button immediately goes onto my buddy list.
</font>
Old 04-13-2005, 10:48 PM

Him coldcalling 3 preflop is argument enough for me to put him in my buddy list.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Him coldcalling 3 preflop is argument enough for me to put him in my buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you added everyone who cold-calls 3 wiith QTo to your buddy list, you'd have about eleventy billion people in your list. Now, the guys who call with 57o - those are special.