Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Neteller Problems

I find it hard to believe that there are so many people playing online when it is so complicated to get money into poker accounts. First I tried the credit card, which did not work (I was not really holding my breath). I then went on to set up a Neteller account. After setting it up, I attempted to log in to put money in there with my card, but it said that my account had been closed. I called up the Customer Service, and the guy said that my social didn't match, so I went ahead and gave him my complete SSN. He said that it did not match again. I find it hard to believe that a company that keeps a database on SSN's cannot match my number to myself(and it was correct, I checked to make sure). Short of going to a social security office, I am out of luck with Neteller it seems.

With that said, is there a way that a casual player can get money into a poker account short of linking the checking account online. I last did that with a gym membership, and swore I would never do it again. I find it hard to believe that there can be so many casual players on the internet, when there are so many steps that have to be taken to get it running. Is there maybe a different payment method, involving my Visa Check Card and nothing else, that I can use in time to clear my sign-up bonus on Party? I can imagine how stupid this post reads :P
Old 04-07-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Neteller Problems

I've used Neteller for about 8 months, hooked up to my checking account, and have had no trouble. Others that I know using Neteller have been happy with it.

If you're reluctant, maybe open a new checking account and link that one up. If you have a problem, then just close it and not impact your regular account.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:32 PM

here is another post about the neteller ss thing. its not that it doesnt match its because they use a credit agency to verify it and you prolly dont have any.

i explained what i had to do in this thread:

neteller ss problem thread
Old 04-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Thanks a lot Jon, if the customer service rep had said that to begin with, then I probably would not have been doubting my own social security number. I have not decided whether I will go through with all of that just to play online, but if I do, I can simply use my Credit Card without any checking account information right? That is, after all, the only reason I want to use Neteller.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:26 AM

Default here\'s your solution

get a visa debit card - since they are covered under different rules than visa credit cards most dont block the gambling SIC codes ( i my area i know for a fact that Commerce.PNC and Wilm Trust all work ) generally the smaller the bank the more likely they wont take the steps to block -----forget about credit cards, they lost millions when cardholder decided to sue for using their cards for illegal activities
Old 04-09-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: here\'s your solution

I used my Visa Check Card from Washington Mutual. No luck, and since it is the only card I use, I have to go through the hassle of verifying my SS for them at a SS office. I would have thought that using that card would establish some credit, but apparently not.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:22 PM

now that you know what to do i would just go get the third party verification and scan it with a few forms of id and email it to them
Old 04-08-2005, 02:28 AM

This is a littl off topic but has anyone ever won any of those weekly or monthly drawings from netteller? Those drawings seem like fraud since thy never announce the winner and there is never any list of past winners what soever
Old 04-08-2005, 03:18 AM

lets see you are using points that you accumulate by using neteller to get chances for the drawing so it is costing you nothing. I agree that they should post the winners and I certainly haven't won yet but will not complain about something that costs nothing. Neteller has all that money at no interest I think they can afford to give away a little a charge of fraud is ridiculous.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lets see you are using points that you accumulate by using neteller to get chances for the drawing so it is costing you nothing. I agree that they should post the winners and I certainly haven't won yet but will not complain about something that costs nothing. Neteller has all that money at no interest I think they can afford to give away a little a charge of fraud is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

PWNED