Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Hand VS Jimmy V

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.33 BB

I'm not sure if he knew I was a 2+2er or not going into this hand.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Hand VS Jimmy V

I guess this is an example of why you are known as "Action Steve" in most poker circles
Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is an example of why you are known as "Action Steve" in most poker circles

[/ QUOTE ]

To steal one out of Sucker's book, I definitely owe you a cockpunch.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Default cockpunch?

owe you a cockpunch?

No talkin' love on this site, fellas. At least not like this.

TSP
Old 03-22-2005, 11:12 PM

Nice hand Steve. I definitely made a note on you after this outcome.

And no, I didn't know it was you.

Results to follow if you like.

And by the way, I'm not sure if I myself deserve the title '2+2er' at this point since I'm break-even over the last FOUR MONTHS at the 15/30. Hideous.

JimmyV
Old 03-22-2005, 11:21 PM

Yeah I'd defintely be interested in knowing what you had later. Even though might not seem all that interesting, I kinda think it is, mainly because you are tough and tricky, and might be capable of trying to outplay me on the turn with a worse hand. I'm really not sure if I played this correctly or not. Welcome back.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And by the way, I'm not sure if I myself deserve the title '2+2er' at this point since I'm break-even over the last FOUR MONTHS at the 15/30. Hideous.

JimmyV

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad, I've been getting my ass handed to me over the last 3 months as well. At least you are break even! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tonight was a sick good rush, but still not close to even. Need about 5 more nights like tonight...

Anyway, I saw you on my tables tonight...got tired of getting isolation 3-bet by you! Bastage! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 PM

While he might put you on a free showdown play on the turn, he also has to at least think about you having a hand. I think most good players realize that in a full ring game not much profit is made by picking off free showdown plays with timely turn three-bets with bottom pair or str8 draws and such. These plays are more common in a three handed or heads up match, but in the ring game, we prefer to just hang around until we take our AK vs some fish's AJ...at least that's what I do. In other words, I don't think he is making a move, you made a good fold.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:36 AM

Why is it better to raise turn and fold to a 3-bet when calling down turn and river will cost the same but get to showdown? Are you really folding out better hands with the turn raise?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it better to raise turn and fold to a 3-bet when calling down turn and river will cost the same but get to showdown? Are you really folding out better hands with the turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I don't see anyone folding anything better. I hope we get an answer as to why its better.