Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 05:57 PM

Default What\'s wrong with Negreanu? Anyone read his blog?

I happened upon a blog of Negreanu's on Cardplayer the other day. He was talking about being in a bad place, not wanting to play, etc. after "hearing something he shouldn't have heard"? Anyone know what's up?
Old 03-17-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: What\'s wrong with Negreanu? Anyone read his blog?

"I'm struggling through some personal issues right now and tonight was a pretty serious blow for me as I heard some things I probably should have never heard. It was a rough night, but unfortunately I can't go into detail about what I'm talking about. No, I didn't play any poker, and no I didn't do anything stupid or destructive. I just think that the last few days have made me realize that my mental state isn't where it should be. I'm not as happy as I could be, but hey, nobody is happy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'm no different I guess."

So apparently non-poker related.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:21 PM

Probably found out his Ex was screwing around on him

pff who knows [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 06:24 PM

Probably found out his Ex was screwing around on him

let's get the speculation going...

I heard that Lori started sleeping with all of the other pro players after she broke up with Daniel... She went straight to David Sklansky's house, I heard.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 PM

That guy, that's the hardest I've laughed at any post on this site.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bling.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:26 PM

seriously though, the guy had a break up with his fiance and didnt appear to show any bad effects from it... that had to catch up with him at one point or another.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:05 PM

This
Thread
Sucks.

Don't you guys have any common decency? I think Daniel's personal life should remain personal. Unless trying to analyze Daniel's psychological flaws away from the poker table helps you elevate your game, you're all a bunch of gossiping rainbows.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This
Thread
Sucks.

Don't you guys have any common decency? I think Daniel's personal life should remain personal. Unless trying to analyze Daniel's psychological flaws away from the poker table helps you elevate your game, you're all a bunch of gossiping rainbows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Besides, they do a great job of acting like little kids right there on DN's own forum....so let's let them be better at that.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:27 PM

Don't you guys have any common decency?

jeez. lighten up, bro. speculating on such is part of our culture and it happens to every public figure so if Daniel is hinting about personal stuff on his public blog, it is hardly a big deal to make a joke about it... if Daniel is so sensitive that this bothers him, then he shouldn't be writing personal stuff on his damn blog...
Old 03-18-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you guys have any common decency?

jeez. lighten up, bro. speculating on such is part of our culture and it happens to every public figure so if Daniel is hinting about personal stuff on his public blog, it is hardly a big deal to make a joke about it... if Daniel is so sensitive that this bothers him, then he shouldn't be writing personal stuff on his damn blog...

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I don't think people should speculate about his personal life either, but he is leaving himself open for speculation by writing personal things in his journal.