Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Fugly KK, PP NL 1k hand

This hand put me in a tough spot here, and was wondering what you guys thought. I was almost 100$ certain I had MP1 beat. Thanks for any replies!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

UTG+2 ($2498)
MP1 ($338.5)
MP2 ($1218.5)
MP3 ($975)
CO ($2130.5)
Button ($1008.5)
Hero ($1251)
BB ($2764.01)
UTG ($1059.5)
UTG+1 ($1338)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls $10, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $45</font>, BB calls $40, MP1 calls $40.

Flop: ($150) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $375</font>, MP1 calls $288.50 (All-In),
I ?????????
Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Fugly KK, PP NL 1k hand

[ QUOTE ]
This hand put me in a tough spot here, and was wondering what you guys thought. I was almost 100$ certain I had MP1 beat. Thanks for any replies!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

UTG+2 ($2498)
MP1 ($338.5)
MP2 ($1218.5)
MP3 ($975)
CO ($2130.5)
Button ($1008.5)
Hero ($1251)
BB ($2764.01)
UTG ($1059.5)
UTG+1 ($1338)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls $10, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $45</font>, BB calls $40, MP1 calls $40.

Flop: ($150) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $375</font>, MP1 calls $288.50 (All-In),
I ?????????

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone play hands beside AA-KK?

just [censored] call.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no
[ QUOTE ]

just [censored] call.

[/ QUOTE ]
then what?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no
[ QUOTE ]

just [censored] call.

[/ QUOTE ]
then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

these situations are tight. there major factor is the history of your opponents, and their current speed/etc.

no one here can really give you much of an answer. unless i have a strong read that i am beat, i call in all of these situations - esp. when a short stack pushes, that seems to be dead money enough.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:58 PM

This is a tough one. It's definatley either a fold or a push, calling is just plain silly. I would lay it down though because it smells like BB made a set and hes trying to force out the draws and thats exactly what MP1 has. Good luck though. I bet you called. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough one. It's definatley either a fold or a push, calling is just plain silly. I would lay it down though because it smells like BB made a set and hes trying to force out the draws and thats exactly what MP1 has. Good luck though. I bet you called. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why this is a push or fold please.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why this is a push or fold please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if someone has J-10 and someone had A-J you dont want to get pushed off the turn when a diamond hits. If hero thinks his hand is good now, pushing is the best option.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:27 PM

No read, stats, feels on BB or MP1?

Guys, when you post hands like this, reads are like umm...WEERRYY WEERRRY IMPWOORRTTANNTTT... so please post VPIP, PFR, WSD, AGR stuff like that.

Barring zero read, you have 2 choices. If you think he's got AJ, you push all-in. If you think he's got a set 77 or 55 which is more likely the case, you fold.

I'd coin flip for my decision here given the dead money and the way the hand is standing out.

Lawrence
Old 03-16-2005, 08:56 PM

People say sets are one of the hardest hands to read in poker for a reason.

You didn't bother putting any info out on what your read was. Feel like taking a shot? Move in. Feel like letting it go? Fold it. Bottom line, you've gotta go with how you feel here. You think you're best, move in. If not, get off it.

How many times does just a pair of Kings win a three way pot?

I don't hate either move here, but these are decisions that get pushed either way based on your read. If you have no read what-so-ever cause it's the first ever hand you've played with these guys, flip a coin.

- C -
Old 03-16-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No read, stats, feels on BB or MP1?

Guys, when you post hands like this, reads are like umm...WEERRYY WEERRRY IMPWOORRTTANNTTT... so please post VPIP, PFR, WSD, AGR stuff like that.

Barring zero read, you have 2 choices. If you think he's got AJ, you push all-in. If you think he's got a set 77 or 55 which is more likely the case, you fold.

I'd coin flip for my decision here given the dead money and the way the hand is standing out.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt post reads because honestly I had none. I'm 4 tabling and basically treating everyone who doesn't stand out exceedingly in one way or the other as similar. I make notes on certain way over the top plays or if I know a solid regular but other than that hardly any. When I just say PP NL 1k I mean to treat the person as that type of regular guy who sits down (not necessarily a winner, but not a huge fish either)

How much do you guys really take in all those stats? I'm gonna try and start once my db for this game gets a little bigger, but honestly I dont see them being all that helpful. Maybe I'm giving up a lot in winrate and this is a big leak for me.