Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 03:55 PM

Default What I dont get........

I've been a long time troller here and have never posted before, so you've been warned.

Anyways, Anyhows........I'm posting a few things that I 'just dont get' about this forum.

1) The obsession about bonuses and whoring. Yea, sure its nice to get a bonus to reload (I'll use Absolute Poker as a prime example). But all its seems to do for me is attract more flies to the pile of crap I'm buzzing around. You sit down to a (if you are lucky) 30% pre-flop table full of grinding bonus whores; nobody wants to really play; they all just wanna get those minimal raked hands under their belt for the bonus clearing. Turns into an exhasperating 8 hrs. of limit fold em in the rock garden. I'll sit and grind with the best of em and leave with a very minimal profit when the amount of time involved is factored in. I personally try and stay away from sites during the week of a bonus offering mainly because I feel 90% of the table is doing this. Sure, being more aggressive on these tables may work, but layin it all out to pick up the blinds aint gonna get me rich.

Give me a 70% preflop table at Pacific anytime and let em call those 10Q off hands till the river. It's like the Pied Piper and much more profitable than grinding out a meager bonus. Basically I think its better for me to forgo the bonus traps and just play solid poker on weak tables.

2) The theory of moving up in limits as the BR increases......when I was a kid I had a late birthday and got to stay in Babe Ruth baseball an extra year...... I killed em because my experience(and size) gave me a formidable advantage. I find the same is true at poker; after 4 years of playing, I can mop up pretty well at 1/2 limit on a consistant basis. Moves to higher limits like 5/10 just makes me 'average' again and I lose any edge my experience may have given me. I have no aspirations to be the next Daniel N. (gotta love that guy); I just wanna make a nice constant profit....staying down in the minors has allowed me to do this. I dont understand how moving up in limits needs to be a natural progression in a persons poker playing 'career'. Greed can blind us.

3) Multitabling......oh I'll take crap for this one.....I dont care what ya say, you cannot play your premium poker when doing this. I prefer total focus on the task at hand and watching the other players actions is nessesary to do this. Bobbing in and out of tables while multitabling is not total focus (granted it is a good bonus clearing scheme, but weve been thru that already)......then again I may just be to much of a simpleton to multitask. But eight tables? Are you folks on meth with a cocaine chaser or what? My poker is much more solid sticking to just one table. And I think alot of players would agree if honest with themselves.

But all-in-all I find 2+2 by far the best of the poker forums out there and have enjoyed many of the posts. Just thought I'd throw this out to see if anybody agreed; disagreed............... Keep up the good work; I'll keep trollin and maybe be inspired to post again. Thanks to all
Old 03-15-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: What I dont get........

[ QUOTE ]
I've been a long time troller here and have never posted before, so you've been warned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you must mean lurker. The distinction is important.

Trolls = Bad

I disagree with most of your post, but I won't add more to the negativity you are likely going to receive.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:04 PM

ok lurker.......I would hope 'negativity' would not be the response. Merely a few thoughts from a long time viewer, never an attempt to downgrade anyone else's style, just an attempt to see other opinions...........we'll see (putting on old football helmet just in case)
Old 03-15-2005, 08:39 PM

can you say, = turd
Old 03-15-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you say, = turd

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck at being a troll.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can you say, = turd

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck at being a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) The obsession about bonuses and whoring. Yea, sure its nice to get a bonus to reload (I'll use Absolute Poker as a prime example). But all its seems to do for me is attract more flies to the pile of crap I'm buzzing around. You sit down to a (if you are lucky) 30% pre-flop table full of grinding bonus whores; nobody wants to really play; they all just wanna get those minimal raked hands under their belt for the bonus clearing. Turns into an exhasperating 8 hrs. of limit fold em in the rock garden. I'll sit and grind with the best of em and leave with a very minimal profit when the amount of time involved is factored in. I personally try and stay away from sites during the week of a bonus offering mainly because I feel 90% of the table is doing this. Sure, being more aggressive on these tables may work, but layin it all out to pick up the blinds aint gonna get me rich.

Give me a 70% preflop table at Pacific anytime and let em call those 10Q off hands till the river. It's like the Pied Piper and much more profitable than grinding out a meager bonus. Basically I think its better for me to forgo the bonus traps and just play solid poker on weak tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were true I'd agree, but I doubt you really have 70% seeing the flop at 1-2. Keep a record your next 200 hands and see what the real number Is. Id guess its closer to 40%

[ QUOTE ]
2) The theory of moving up in limits as the BR increases......when I was a kid I had a late birthday and got to stay in Babe Ruth baseball an extra year...... I killed em because my experience(and size) gave me a formidable advantage. I find the same is true at poker; after 4 years of playing, I can mop up pretty well at 1/2 limit on a consistant basis. Moves to higher limits like 5/10 just makes me 'average' again and I lose any edge my experience may have given me. I have no aspirations to turning being the next Daniel N. (gotta love that guy); I just wanna make a nice constant profit....staying down in the minors has allowed me to do this. I dont understand how moving up in limits needs to be a natural progression in a persons poker playing 'career'. Greed can blind us.

3) Multitabling......oh I'll take crap for this one.....I dont care what ya say, you cannot play your premium poker when doing this. I prefer total focus on the task at hand and watching the other players actions is nessesary to do this. Bobbing in and out of tables while multitabling is not total focus (granted it is a good bonus clearing scheme, but weve been thru that already)......then again I may just be to much of a simpleton to multitask. But eight tables? Are you folks on meth with a cocaine chaser or what? My poker is much more solid sticking to just one table. And I think alot of players would agree if honest with themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Points 2 and 3 are related...... its not really about being the best and playing your best..... Poker is about winning the most money and having a good time (for most)
Sure there are better players as you move up, but if you can make $7 an hour at 2-4 and be the third best at the table that is better than being the best at 1-2 and making $5 an hour.
Same with multitabling, Nobody is saying you should play 8 games like some people do. However, if you can make $12 an hour playing 2 games at a time of 2-4 that is better than $7 playing one 2-4 game, and much better than $5 playing a single 1-2 game.

Basically you dont have to always be the best at your table, or be playing your best game to make good money

EDIT** BTW, moving up in limits also keeps you motivated and interested. When I started playing I played 2-4 limit live, and $.25-$.50 NL online..... If I were still playing that low Id be VERY bored. Moving up does have other advantages other than $$$$$
Old 03-15-2005, 04:14 PM

Pacific poker 2:15 pm central.....1/2 limit tables; 7 players 67%, 10 players 54%,8 players 66%.......come'on I aint the only one seein this.......too bad i cant find a pure 70% but it will be there late at night
Old 03-15-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pacific poker 2:15 pm central.....1/2 limit tables; 7 players 67%, 10 players 54%,8 players 66%.......come'on I aint the only one seein this.......too bad i cant find a pure 70% but it will be there late at night

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the 2nd part?....That is more important
Old 03-15-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you read the 2nd part?....That is more important

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Pacific's software likes to have fun with those numbers.
They can't really be trusted... much like Pacific itself.

The bottom line about Pacific is they may have soft players, but their management is awful. Plus, their software is really bad and costs you money with bugs and a low amount of hands per hour. Combine all of that with a lack of multitabling support, and you have a site I'd rather avoid.