Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Bad fold w/flush draw and TP on turn?

What would you do on the turn in this situation? After showing strength by check raising, and leading on the turn when the board paired, I was raised and reraised and called in another spot. I figured I was drawing dead to a full house , or at least the nut flush draw. Is the pot too big to fold here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

River: (21 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB
Old 02-28-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Bad fold w/flush draw and TP on turn?

i would cap before i would fold.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:23 PM

id actually check-call the turn. You got 3 bet cause of your first one. Since you bet anyway, I would have called. You have the correct odds, I dont get why you folded.

Then again I wasnt there, but someone could be holding flush draw A high or whatever.

Edit:maybe I would have bet the turn, i dunno.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Without any reads I'm thinking that you did give it up to soon. I would probably lead out on the flop to build a big pot, plus if the preflop raiser raises you can 3 bet it. While the CO could have pocket 3's, pocket q's are really unlikely because you hold one, and only 1 combination of 5's are out, he could easily play something like A5 in this manner. Also another fact thing is even if the CO has pocket 3's you have 2 outs to a higher boat, and I wouldn't be so quick to assume that if the flush gets there it won't hold up.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]

come on man. getting 20 to 2...your flush will be good here a vast majority of the time. and if someone already has filled up, you have 2 queens left in the deck that you could spike for a bigger boat. this fold is really bad. the size of the pot is what makes it correct to draw to the flush here even if you suspect you're beat. you have to be over 90% sure you're beat here and even then it's a bad fold.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:56 PM

I did completely miss that I had the 2 Q outs for the better boat.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:47 PM

Lead/3-bet the flop.
Bet/call any on the turn.
Lead/call the river.

-d
Old 02-28-2005, 03:54 PM

no one talked about a 3-bet PF which would have helped us know a bit more about PF raisers holding...

I probably go with meeps line here..however, without having 3 bet the flop, it's hard to say whether or not to lead the turn. If he capped the flop, I would have check/called...then led the river when my flush fell and called a raise.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:06 PM

I don't think you have enough of an equity edge against the field to 3-bet this out of position. KQ could easily be dominated by the PFR or any cold-callers. From the button, I may 3-bet, but from the blinds, I call.

-d
Old 02-28-2005, 04:10 PM

I don't know about that meep...you know this stuff better than I do, but there's not many other hands I'd rather have than a Big Suited Broadway against a 6-handed field. I'll have to run some rounds in PokerStove.