Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 05:10 PM

Default ATo

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (13.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

Continuing with my analysis of today's play. I get a free play from the BB and flop middle pair with top kicker, which should be worth a bet, right? Is the reraise too much? I wanted to show some strength here when it's cheap.

When Button wakes up on the turn I'm a bit worried but call anyway. I think this is a mistake although the pot is large.

The river fold when Button raises seems like a no-brainer.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: ATo

I don't bet out at this flop.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you call for one bet after checking? Two?
Old 02-19-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you call for one bet after checking? Two?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is a decent chance a bet will come from late position then I like a check-raise here, to face the rest with two cold.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:12 PM

The 3-bet is pretty silly now isn't it? No one is going to fold for another bet and you probably don't have the best hand. If someone caps, you have to call that with 5 otus at best. The action after the flop is fine. The flop bet is fine too, but the 3-bet is out of line.

Brad
Old 02-19-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 3-bet is pretty silly now isn't it? No one is going to fold for another bet and you probably don't have the best hand. If someone caps, you have to call that with 5 otus at best. The action after the flop is fine. The flop bet is fine too, but the 3-bet is out of line.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-19-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 3-bet is pretty silly now isn't it? No one is going to fold for another bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Look again: UTG+2 folds. I'm not saying the 3-bet was smart (it might even be silly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but UTG+2 did put in one bet on the flop before folding.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:57 PM

Yeah but UTG+2 folded for 2 more bets, not one.

Anyway, why did you check the turn in this hand? At least follow though with your crazy flop play. If you are good, you don't really want to give a free card do you?

Brad
Old 02-19-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, why did you check the turn in this hand? At least follow though with your crazy flop play. If you are good, you don't really want to give a free card do you?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I found as the strangest part of your play. If you are going to show all that strength on the flop you must continue with your plan and lead the turn. I don't think you thought that far ahead on this one. Sometimes a card can force us to change our anticipated line but I don't think the 9 dropping is one of those times.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I found as the strangest part of your play. If you are going to show all that strength on the flop you must continue with your plan and lead the turn. I don't think you thought that far ahead on this one. Sometimes a card can force us to change our anticipated line but I don't think the 9 dropping is one of those times.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9 made me worried about a completed straight, which is the reason for the turn check. I'm not proud of how I played the hand, but since I will continue playing ATo from MP and later your comments are most appreciated.