Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 01:06 AM

Default AT9 from the blind, too aggro?

Button is your average LAG here, I had seen him betting/raising with pretty much nothing several times over the last couple of orbits.

PokerRoom .25/.50 Hold’em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

PFR standard here?

Flop: (8 SB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

The flop clobbered me right here, does anyone disagree with the check-raise?

Turn: (12.5 BB) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, Hero…

This is the main reason for the post. Does anyone slow down here or do I just keep firing?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: AT9 from the blind, too aggro?

Bet the flop, call the 3-bet, check the turn.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:19 AM

I didn't see the raise pre-flop. I don't like that either. I like the C/R on the flop, though. I just call the 3-bet and check/call the turn.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:30 AM

On the river, a diamond wins the hand, and any Ace probably does too, if what you say about him raising garbage up to the roof is correct. Even maniacs get KK occasionally, though (or A4).

I don't raise with A9s pre-flop.

The check-raise was cute (but it worked). I would come out firing on that flop, but in this instance it makes zero difference.

Check/call the flop, definately. As said before you have ~12-13 outs to win this; you definately have the pot odds to move on. A raise isn't going to do anything though, and there's no value to it now heads-up.

-K
Old 02-17-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see the raise pre-flop. I don't like that either. I like the C/R on the flop, though. I just call the 3-bet and check/call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2005, 03:26 AM

Bet the flop.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:18 AM

I'm not a top poster here, but...

pf: I don't raise the flop - I don't like playing drawing hands out of position
flop: I probably bet out, call the raise
turn: check/call
Old 02-17-2005, 10:59 AM

The check-raise is something I'd save for 3/6, I think its lost here and bettings better at this level.

Raising in CO here would be good, but not in BB. I don't think its a major leak though. But without position, the point of the preflop raise then the bet on the flop when the ace hits won't thin the field enough unless you know its checked through to you. But like I said, not the worst thing.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button is your average LAG here, I had seen him betting/raising with pretty much nothing several times over the last couple of orbits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you decide to emulate him this hand?
Old 02-17-2005, 11:20 AM

My reasoning for the PFR was probably bad but I usually will raise any cards that I raise from LP from the BB. Why are you guys saying that the flop was so bad though?
My reasoning there was I had 9 outs to the nut flush, 4 outs to the st8, and 8 outs to overcards that would give me TPTK or TPGK. With 21 outs I had ~45% chance of getting at least 1 card I liked on the turn. Then about the same odds on the river. Against this guy I consider TPGK a monster.

Oh yea has anyone else ever been dealt AT9 preflop? It rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Sorry for the typo.