Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 12:48 AM

Default 2+2 fantasy baseball league

Hey all, I was thinking of making a 2+2 fantasy baseball league, preferably a keeper league, and destroying a bunch of 2+2ers in it. I'd like to make it a 12-16 team league, with 8 keepers from year to year. Teams would have 25 guys and I'd probably do it through yahoo, but I'd be open to other suggestions as well. It would be head to head with the following categories(also negotiable if a great suggestion pops up).
Offense:
OBP, HR, RBI, R, SB
Pitching:
K, ERA, W, WHIP, S

I'd probably do 5 starters, 3 relievers. This is only for people who are pretty serious about fantasy baseball, and I'd like to do 50$ entry each year, with the winner getting 75% and 2nd place getting 25%. Respond to this thread if interested, and if a lot of interest is generated we can always start a few leagues.
Peace,
James
Old 02-16-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: 2+2 fantasy baseball league

Im interested but have found that head to head leagues don't do well for baseball because invariably someone will stop tryng (setting lineups etc) as the season progresses and it is to a teams great advantage if they play these teams later in the season. I think that points leagues or traditional roto leagues are a lot better.

Either way, I'm interested.

-Steve
Old 02-16-2005, 01:16 AM

I'm interested, but I agree with Cornell Fiji.

EDIT: Nevermind.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all, I was thinking of making a 2+2 fantasy baseball league, preferably a keeper league, and destroying a bunch of 2+2ers in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't already have a LABR championship on my resume, I might be impressed by such bravado.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey all, I was thinking of making a 2+2 fantasy baseball league, preferably a keeper league, and destroying a bunch of 2+2ers in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't already have a LABR championship on my resume, I might be impressed by such bravado.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's safe to say no one on this site can match that, therefore Dynasty pwns all.

Oh, and I'm interested. I was running fantasy leagues while you were still in diapers, James.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's safe to say no one on this site can match that, therefore Dynasty pwns all.

Oh, and I'm interested. I was running fantasy leagues while you were still in diapers, James.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people here were playing poker when I was in diapers, but that hasn't stopped me from getting just as good as they are at that.
-James

PS I love the trash talking aspect of fantasy baseball most of all!
Old 02-16-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people here were playing poker when I was in diapers, but that hasn't stopped me from getting just as good as they are at that.
-James

PS I love the trash talking aspect of fantasy baseball most of all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Point well taken, and I can tell you would be a tough opponent.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:55 AM

What does LABR stand for? I have a friend who has some impressive fantasy baseball accomplishments, he might be able to tango.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does LABR stand for? I have a friend who has some impressive fantasy baseball accomplishments, he might be able to tango.

[/ QUOTE ]

League of Alternative Baseball Reality. It's a major experts league that takes place each year, with an AL and and NL league.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I had your old signature in mind when I wrote it that way to try to goad you into playing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As far as head to head leagues go, I find them far more interesting than roto simply because people do have to keep paying attention. Also, it's tougher to get to the halfway point in the season and feel like you have absolutely no chance. It also makes for more interesting week to week strategy.
-James