Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 10:59 PM

Default how to change ip address?

i just read in another thread that changing ip address after regediting is a new way to get around needing a new computer. so, how the hell do you do this? thanks.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: how to change ip address?

[ QUOTE ]
i just read in another thread that changing ip address after regediting is a new way to get around needing a new computer. so, how the hell do you do this? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are on broadband, good luck.

If you are on dial-up, it's easy.
Just disconnect and reconnect.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is easy if he is on bband.

Buy a new network card(they're cheap, ~$5 for 10/100 pci), and swap your old one out. It will have a new MAC address, obviously. Connect the new card to the cable/dsl connection. Cable company thinks its a different computer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Voila- new IP. I keep 3 different cards handy and you can use them over and over. When it's time to "switch", the cable company will have assigned your old IPs to new people anyway, and you can cycle your old cards through again.

Steve.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize if one of the other 25 replies has already said this, but i don't want to read them all. Typically, the IP address is tied to the MAC in your cable modem. There is often a method to hard-reset them, dumping the configuration file and completely renewing the IP address (usually with a different one). If your cable modem doens't have a reset button, then you're probably SOL for that route. So instead, fry your modem. Just break part of the electrical circut so that it shorts out regularly (or just claim that it shorts regularly) and make them replace your modem. That will sever any ties to your old IP address for most ISPs.

Freakin
Old 02-06-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize if one of the other 25 replies has already said this, but i don't want to read them all. Typically, the IP address is tied to the MAC in your cable modem. There is often a method to hard-reset them, dumping the configuration file and completely renewing the IP address (usually with a different one). If your cable modem doens't have a reset button, then you're probably SOL for that route. So instead, fry your modem. Just break part of the electrical circut so that it shorts out regularly (or just claim that it shorts regularly) and make them replace your modem. That will sever any ties to your old IP address for most ISPs.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the stupidest thing I have ever read.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:09 AM

Here's a bit of info:

When you download any Party skin software in installs a key in your registry. When you download another Party skin and try to create a new account, the new skin searches for this key. When it finds it, you will receive an error message telling you that and you can't create a new account on the Party Network. The key needs to be deleted. Once done, you will be able to create a new account. This will not harm your computer at all.

Here's how to do it:

Click Start (bottom left of your computer screen)

Select Run (a window will appear)

Type regedit and click OK

The Register Editor window will appear.

On the left hand side, go to this location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CALCULATOR/MODE

In that MODE folder, on the right hand side, there will be a key called UCID.

Right-click on UCID and delete.

DONT delete anything ELSE!!!!!!

If people want, I can make a script which would totally rip party (or assc.) off a machine making it as if none of them had EVER been installed..

If I get several PM's about it, it can be done..

Also I have a script to update your notes across each sking if theres any interest.

JB
Old 02-06-2005, 09:04 AM

sorry dude, but the regedit thing doesn't work anymore. i think there is a new way that they are keeping track of existing customers. if they actually wanted to, it would be fairly easy for them to make it almost impossible to have accounts at multiple skins. the fact that they just try to make it more inconvenient to do so either means that they are as stupid as everybody says they are, or they really don't care that much. why can't i fall asleep.....i'm gonna sleep through the damn superbowl
Old 02-06-2005, 02:58 PM

Jesus, just read my post above. There are easier ways.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, just read my post above. There are easier ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you surprised nobody takes you seriously?

You shouldn't be.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:17 PM

1. Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar.

2. Click Run... on this menu.

3. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type 'cmd' (without the quotes) in the text box that appears. A command prompt window appears on the screen.

4. Type 'ipconfig' (without the quotes) to view the status of the computer's IP address(es).

5. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type 'ipconfig /release' to let go of the address.

6. Type 'ipconfig /renew' to obtain a new IP address (whether or not the computer is holding a current address).