Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Any cigar smokers?

I often enjoy smoking a cigar while playing poker. My apartment is a piece of crap so my roommate and I just smoke in it all the time. I just bought a new humidor and about 40 different cigars including 25 Montecristo White Label cigars, mmmm very good cigars!

Two buddies and me also run the cigar club here at the Univ of Illinois now. We meet every Thursday night at Legends (A local sports bar) and drink an absurd amount of beer while smoking a cigar. We're sponsored by Torano and CAO, and we're working on a few more.

So, anyone smoke cigars, what's your favorite?

Ponks
Old 02-04-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Any cigar smokers?

I smoke them every once in a while. You actually have my favorite with the Monte Cristos, can't beat those to me.

Cody
Old 02-04-2005, 03:31 PM

I like to have one or two about every other month. Davidoff, Macanudo Maduro's, and don diego playboys are my favorites. I usually try to stay below $15 each. Although I just tried my first Opus X a few weekends ago at $40 each. It was pretty good but it gave me a wicked buzz after about a half hour of smoke. I'll give your Montecristo White a try next time. Too bad it's freezing here and my wife wont let me smoke in the house so it'll have to wait till spring.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to have one or two about every other month. Davidoff, Macanudo Maduro's, and don diego playboys are my favorites. I usually try to stay below $15 each. Although I just tried my first Opus X a few weekends ago at $40 each. It was pretty good but it gave me a wicked buzz after about a half hour of smoke. I'll give your Montecristo White a try next time. Too bad it's freezing here and my wife wont let me smoke in the house so it'll have to wait till spring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tried the Opus X, but I've heard many good things. Looks like I'll have to try one of those next time I make a trip to the cigar store. Davidoff and Macanudo are always quality smokes. I think you'll enjoy the Montecristo White Label. They're usually about 8-9 bucks each, but I got 25 of em for $200 with an ashtray and some other goodies.

Ponks
Old 02-04-2005, 03:47 PM

Looks like I'll have to try one of those next time I make a trip to the cigar store.

Does your store carry them regularly? Opus are released 3-4 times per year and normally don't stay on the shelves for more than a few days.

Cup
Old 02-04-2005, 03:58 PM

Now that you bring it up I don't think they do, but I'm real good friends with the cigar store owner now so he can probably help me out. I know they often have a limit of 2 per customer on these type of cigars. My friend picked me up a Maximus about a week ago for my birthday, cant wait to smoke that baby [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: OPUS X

I tend to like Fuentes, but the Opus Xes I've had have been overpriced and overrated. Am I the only one? I have heard them compared to Cubans. Not that I've had any Cubans, but.... no way.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:26 PM

How much did you pay for them? I just got two of them for 7.95 a stick. I'm not sure if they come in different sizes or anything, but the ones I got are of a smaller size. My friend can get a box of Montecristo #4 cubans for approximately 6 bucks a stick too.

Ponks
Old 02-04-2005, 10:23 PM

Smoking one of my Opus X now and I'm in heaven. This is my first time trying one.

Ponks.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:46 PM

I just tried my first Opus X a few weekends ago at $40 each.

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Good lord! Did you get them in Vegas or something? You're getting gouged on any Opus over 20 bucks. I agree though, they're fantastic smokes.

Cup