Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 12:18 AM

Default My email to Party Poker regarding structure

[ QUOTE ]

Hello,

I have been a customer of Partypoker for some time now and I have an observation regarding the tournament structure that you may care to address.

My concern is with the multi table tournaments that you currently offer.

There is a common practice of 'stalling', that is waiting until the default timer gets near zero before making the decision to fold. This tactic is employed by short-stacked individuals trying the extend their tourney life as far as they can. it is very prevalent near the money cutoff stages of the event.

Combining this fact with the 'we are waiting for other tables to finish the hands' feature causes the action in the latter stages of the event to come to a standstill. This is cumbersome because the time for the level increases does not hesitate, even though it can be several minutes between hands with these two factors in play.

My suggestion, is to put an end to the intentional stalling, as well as suspending the timer on the level clock as to accomodate the tables that finish their hands ahead of the others during the time that is close to the money cutoff.

I have played on PartyPoker almost exclusively over the past 12 months and I have always enjoyed the professionalism and convenience that the site offers. I have shared my thoughts with many members of a well respected internet poker discussion, and theirs sentiments reflect mine. They, as I, will be interested as to how this situation will be improved.

Your attention to this matter is much appreciated.

PokerGoblin

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-31-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: My email to Party Poker regarding structure

Great e-mail. Expresses my thoughts (and probably many others) superbly.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:22 AM

Thank-you for your request. If you could please email a hand identification number and hand history I will forward it to our security department. We take the integrity of our tournaments very seriously and will look into the matter fully.
Sincerely,
Robert Smith
Old 01-31-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank-you for your request. If you could please email a hand identification number and hand history I will forward it to our security department. We take the integrity of our tournaments very seriously and will look into the matter fully.
Sincerely,
Robert Smith

[/ QUOTE ]

Mockery is not necessary. I am simply trying to help them with wnat I feel has become a legitamate deterrent to fair play.

PG
Old 01-31-2005, 12:30 AM

thats not mockery thats the response youre going to get.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:35 AM

I agree with you boedecker. I have used the same tactics before the hand to hand kicks in. I wish it wasn't available, but if others are going to use it, than I feel at certian times I must use it also. I know it isn't really proper, but it is within the framework of the rules. They should reduce the amount of time. The time bank should kick in after 5 seconds and not 20. The time bank should be limited to 30 seconds. Disconnects will suck, but when i've been disconnected i rarely get back in time to finish the hand anyways.It also would help their speed tourneys be speed tourneys
Old 01-31-2005, 02:54 AM

I seriously doubt, you will get a response. A few months back I sent an e-mail making a similar but more detailed suggestion and never got a reply. Same for the following e-mail which I've sent over forty times:

Dear Party Poker,

Can you please run more low entry fee ($10+1 or $20+2) NL Hold ‘em Regular Tournaments between 2.00am and 2.00pm. You do run them on Thursdays (when they draw 350+ players), but not on any other days. I believe there would be plenty of players in Europe and the rest of the world available to play them. There are some SPEED and LIMIT HOLD ‘EM tournaments, but I’m sure most people prefer REGULAR NL HOLD ‘EM.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:57 AM

Goblin, what responce did you get from them, if any? I'm willing to bet that it's a generic "thank you for your thoughs, they are very important to us."

As for the way PP runs the tourneys, I don't see why they don't do it like PS, where they start hand for hand one spot away from the money. The stalling on PS isn't nearly as bad.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:43 AM

Let players use as much time as they are given. The only thing I would change is to restrict people to 15 seconds with a 30 second time-bank in a SPEED tourney.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:53 AM

This happens at every web site! I totally agree with the post but I doubt anything will happen. There is really nothing that PP can do. Every person is given a certain amount of time to play their hand. It is just terrible though when the blinds increase every X minutes and the amount of hands that are played is greatly decreased.