Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Party Poker\'s Long Term Health

Anybody else think Party really needs to curtail the multitabling? There's no reason people can play more than four, especially since playing more than two is really something that only the very best are exploiting.

-Michael
Old 01-29-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Party Poker\'s Long Term Health

Do you think all the multi-tablers will end up scaring away the fish? Personally, I don't think the fish even know how to tell if someone is multitabling or not.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else think Party really needs to curtail the multitabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If they have one person playing 8 tables, I don't see any reason for them to give up the extra $7.00+/- per hand.

[ QUOTE ]
There's no reason people can play more than four, especially since playing more than two is really something that only the very best are exploiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you re-phrase that please?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:32 PM

I'm thinking long-term. Obviously they would be giving up some immediate profits, though I'm not sure how much, as less players would be going broke.

Fish don't multitable. I search for fish all the time. 95% of the time they are playing one table. It is extremely rare to see them playing more than two.

-Michael
Old 01-29-2005, 09:46 PM

I see where your coming from. Interesting question. The more good players multi-tabling the quicker the fish will go through their money, lowering their over-all player base.

At the rate poker is expanding I don't see any reason for them to have to worry at this point. I'm sure if someone had the time they could actually figure out mathematically at what point multi-tabling could lower their profit. Hhhmmm, I have the time.........but not the knowledge. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2005, 09:40 PM

This like saying "don't you think drug dealers need to lower their prices? I mean if durgs are too expensive, eventually they'll be broke."

They point is, it doesn't matter how much they win or lose, most people are there with disposable income or have gambling problems and will play regardless.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:58 PM

The oceans of our Earth will never run out of fish. I don't see online poker running out of fish. Let the multi-tabling continue.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:08 PM

Anecdotally, I think most will agree that the games have gotten much worse over the course of the last year. The number of fish has to increase with the number of sharks or there won't be any games.

-Michael
Old 01-29-2005, 10:35 PM

Anecdotally, I think most will agree that the games have gotten much worse over the course of the last year. The number of fish has to increase with the number of sharks or there won't be any games.

I can only speak for the 2/4 and 3/6 games and agree they have gotten much tougher over the past year. My numbers have come down a little bit from the days when party had under 5k people playing. Has multi-tabling played a part of this? yes. Are the games still beatable? very much so. Will they remain beatable? of course. Do I wish all you other fuggers would quit mult-tabling? yup. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The key for any LL multi-tabler in the coming years is going to be table selection... but im sure im just telling you all stuff you know already...

cubs

PS Did anyone else notice that the 2/4 games were espcially nice last night (friday)?
Old 01-30-2005, 03:40 AM

The party low limit games have gotten progressively more difficult. During the weekdays, it sometimes seems like it's all multitabling pros. Friday was exceptional. So nice to see soooo many fish.

[ QUOTE ]
More generally, online poker is a bubble, like NADSAQ, like tulips in 1620. Today things are good, tomorrow, not so much. In five years it'll all be done. Enjoy it while it lasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I don't think it will be that good for more than 2 years tops. Just look at the number of daily posts asking about adding another monitor (I want to tell them that it's impossible or that it gives your computer nasty viruses - but that wouldn't be right).

There just aren't 8 new fish coming in for every multitabling pro. I've seen quite a few of the existing fish smarten up about their play after dropping a bunch of cash.

I'm already making plans to phase in another job a year from now. I wish it was going to last, but it's not.