Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 07:22 PM

Default should i stop betting a boat?

I figured I had the best hand and button must have AQ KQ or whatnot. Should I have slowed down at all?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 23.20 BB
Old 01-28-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: should i stop betting a boat?

Don't slow down. This is a prime spot to pick-off that AQ hand. If he has QQ TT or QT, so be it. You will have the best hand more than 50% of the time so why stop.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:57 PM

I cap it here. More times than not he will have aq-kq or even q-rag.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:39 PM

I would have slowed down on the river and just called his raise. He capped the turn, you bet into him on the river, and he still raised. Looks like TT.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:45 PM

No way you can stop. No reason too - the only hand he's raising preflop with is QQ. If you're beat by the quads, well what the hell. Odds are you're way ahead.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way you can stop. No reason too - the only hand he's raising preflop with is QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think he would raise TT?
Old 01-29-2005, 02:49 AM

Fold preflop?

(What was the texture of the table like?)

Adam
Old 01-29-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop?

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP was about 28.

I need to work on folding my 22-66 more. Is this usually a fold from MP? I don't really know when I should be folding or playing smalls preflop.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop?

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP was about 28.

I need to work on folding my 22-66 more. Is this usually a fold from MP? I don't really know when I should be folding or playing smalls preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually haven't played the 5/10 in a while. But in your situation above, I think I'd one at least 2 limpers in front of me before calling with 44 in MP. (Unless you felt strongly that limpers would come in behind you and NOT raise - That's why I asked the texture of the table).

Adam
Old 01-29-2005, 03:02 AM

I agree with Private Joker. At some point you have to worry it's TT instead of AQ/KQ. QQ is of course a minor concern too, but TT is what would concern me most, and I'd start to worry about it seriously when I got capped on the turn. Your turn 3-bet said you aren't scared of trips, and Villain capped anyway (though I guess he could just think he has your trips outkicked).

Private Joker's bet-call river plan sounds good to me.

Anyway, though, if Villain did have TT, his failure to cap the river surprises me.