Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 04:20 PM

Default QQ hand - do you do anything differently?

Just sat down, no reads...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (18.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (30.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 42.75 BB

Is the pot large enough on the flop to justify trying to hit my 2-outer? Any other comments preflop, postflop, etc?
Old 01-22-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: QQ hand - do you do anything differently?

I hate to say it, but I think you need to fold the flop after MP1 3-bets.

You're getting 14:1 immediately from the pot, (if my math is right), but the CO is still left to act and it's looking like you're definetely drawing at this point.

Nice job on the turn and river.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:26 PM

You did not have odds to chase for a two-outter on the flop when you called two bets cold but did when you called the cap... even though it's not 100% that you are way behind here.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the pot large enough on the flop to justify trying to hit my 2-outer?

[/ QUOTE ]
not really. the pot is giving you about 15:1 on your 22:1 shot...and it may be capped behind you which effectively gives you something like 12:1 (guesstimate).

all other streets look ok.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:39 PM

Like others have said its not looking good on the flop. I would have called too though. Nice catch! That is one big pot. I hope CO has 33 :P

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-22-2005, 04:51 PM

Although he doesnt have the pot odds to call to hit his 2-outer is it possible that the table is on tilt? I've sat down at tables like this and folded decent hands to be shown crap on the river with all the players. If I *just* sat down I think I would call with the possibility of being ahead of TT JJ, tied with QQ or some dumbass overplaying his A9 s00ted, etc
Old 01-22-2005, 05:29 PM

Why does everyone want me to fold the flop? AA, KK, and QQ on the same hand? Two AAs? Two KKs? I have an overpair. When I was looking at this, it looked like tilt to me.

I was wrong. This was a set over set over set hand. No one had the threes (thankfully). Other two raisers hit their set on the flop.

Yikes. I got _really_ lucky here.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone want me to fold the flop? AA, KK, and QQ on the same hand? Two AAs? Two KKs? I have an overpair. When I was looking at this, it looked like tilt to me.

I was wrong. This was a set over set over set hand. No one had the threes (thankfully). Other two raisers hit their set on the flop.

Yikes. I got _really_ lucky here.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, one could argue that getting 15:1 plus the chance that the opponents were maniac aggressive with nothing (and you are the best hand) might justify a call on the flop (since those rare times that you do hit you will extract a ton of bets). sometimes i'll call, sometimes i won't.

yes. you got extremely lucky.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:41 PM

The reason I wanted you to fold this flop was because you weren't winning and you were drawing to two outs getting 14:1 with players still to act behind you.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I wanted you to fold this flop was because you weren't winning and you were drawing to two outs getting 14:1 with players still to act behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. This hand was all sorts of confusing. The other players 3 bet and capped with 77 and 99. I guess this was just pretty much the worst flop ever. Next time, I'll be sure to fold. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]