Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Need Tips for 2/4 Party

I have done well overall at Party 1/2. Over ~26000 hands I have averaged about 2.91 BB/100 hands.

Since moving to 2/4 I have done at best break even. After my first 10000 hands at 2/4 I was about for all intents a break even player.

I had some friend go through PT with me and examine my play we found several spots I could improve on. So I modified my play but still no winning results.

Over my last 4500 hands at 2/4 my VPIP is 16.98% (previously it was 22%), my aggressive factor has gone up as well to 1.4 (including preflop).

All that I still can't seem to catch a break at 2/4, I have yet to have a winning session over 20 or 30 bucks. My losing session are usually much bigger.

I looked over my play on these losing sessions and I stuck to the same line.

Not to whine about bad beats, but I seem to take more than my fair share at 2/4.

Anyone have any tips on other factors I can look at? Also any tips on table selection would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Need Tips for 2/4 Party

Variance happens. Keep playing, 2/4 isn't that much different from 1/2. And ofcourse post some hands you have no clue about, as well as "standard" plays for you.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Variance happens. Keep playing, 2/4 isn't that much different from 1/2. And ofcourse post some hands you have no clue about, as well as "standard" plays for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I remember I couldn't win at my first few attempts at 2/4. Once you get the hand of it, though, it's arguably more profitable than 1/2.

One other thing: it looks like your aggression could use a boost. (But I don't mean "careless aggression").

Adam
Old 01-15-2005, 02:52 PM

Not sure how many hands you have put in, but i'm thinking it's still very short term, so I wouldn't flip out about it. Currently, I'm on a nice 10k downswing myself. Having said that, your Agression factor looks a little low considering your VPIP.. You may be limping in with too many hands, which could get costly. Not sure of your PFR %, but my guess would be around 6-7 %? If it's higher, your being way to passive postflop. Just something to look at, good luck.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Here are some more stats from PT that might be useful.

Att To Steal Blinds: 10.95%
Won $ When Saw Flop: 29.92%
Won $ At SD : 52.30%

Raised Preflop : 6.66%

Any other stats that might be useful?

I will try to post some hands as well, but I posted a few and all I got in response what that I was whining about a bad beat, but I will try again.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Att To Steal Blinds: 10.95%

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be around 30% for a winning player. Use your position to your advantage. Start open raising on the button with any Ax and any two cards over 9.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:43 PM

I think you need to be raising more preflop, ofcourse if you don't understand why you're raising you shouldn't but try to read and ask alot of questions about these things and you'll slowly become more aggressive and win alot of flops unimproved etc.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:07 PM

30% at 2/4? That seems really high for such a low limit given the loose/passive nature of the blinds. A-high rarely wins...
Old 01-15-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30% at 2/4? That seems really high for such a low limit given the loose/passive nature of the blinds. A-high rarely wins...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, do you really think raising with J9o is a good idea if the blinds are loose? You can certainly up your blind stealing attempts though, but be selective about it.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Won $ At SD : 52.30%

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to suggest variance might responsible for a big chunk of the downswing - what was your W$@SD% for 1/2?

EDIT: Just for the record, i had a 16k breakeven streak at 2/4 and it all ended up evening out after ~30k hands.