Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 02:03 AM

Default Need AK feedback

Hi all, this is my first post of a hand, Im fairly sure that my play here is wrong so any feedback on all streets would be greatly appreciated.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="red"> </font> Hero Raises <font color="black"> </font> , They all call.

Flop: (10 SB)A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font> (5 Players)
<font color="black"> </font> SB checks, <font color="red"> </font> Hero bets <font color="black"> </font> , MP1 folds, MP2 raises, MP3 folds, SB folds, <font color="red"> </font> Hero re-raises <font color="black"> </font> , MP2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB)J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="blue"> </font> (2 players) <font color="black"> </font>
<font color="red"> </font> Hero bets <font color="black"> </font> , mp2 raises, <font color="red"> </font> Hero calls <font color="black"> </font> .

River: (12 BB)T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font> (2 players) <font color="black"> </font>
<font color="red"> </font> Hero checks <font color="black"> </font> ,MP2 bets, <font color="red"> </font> Hero calls <font color="black"> </font> .

Oh, btw, is there an easier way to post a hand other than just typing it? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Need AK feedback

Use BisonBison's hand converter located here

Now, on to the hand.

I 3-bet the turn. If he caps, I call down, if he just calls, I bet the river. I feel more comfortable with that play - especially since it leaves me in control and not questioning my own play.

However, if a read on the player tells you that he's passive, don't hesitate to call down at the first sign of being raised.

Alex
Old 11-26-2004, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, if a read on the player tells you that he's passive, don't hesitate to call down at the first sign of being raised.

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why people advocate calling down against a passive opponent when he starts playing back at you. He's passive meaning the hands he starts raising with are generally better than one pair. Easy fold on the turn. After you 3 bet him on the flop and he's still raising you on the turn, he's got a hand that beats top pair. You could try 3 betting him to save some face and if he caps I think you can safely let it go.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:53 PM

I only call down because with a hand like AK in this situation, the pot is likely to be pretty big because of my pre-flop raise - and I have seen passive players play many hands worse than TPTK aggressively...if sometimes a little ill-advised.

Alex
Old 11-26-2004, 02:35 PM

Well the thing is that they aren't passive then if they're playing hands worse than TPTK aggressively. If you have a read you either trust it or you don't. If you trust your read why would you call down a passive player who's playing back at you? If you don't trust your read then by all means go ahead and call down.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:05 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to fold on the turn even against a passive player. You'll see flopped 2 pair more often than a set and you can give yourself around 8-10 outs to outdraw him. At the same time, 3-betting a passive is suicide.

Also, to be clear, the original post had zero reads.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:07 PM

Yes obviously with zero reads you call that down.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:27 AM

http://www.selachian.com/tools/bison...hconverter.cgi
Old 11-26-2004, 03:01 AM

Thanks for the link. I wish There had been more feedback, bty, I lost to 34.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:05 AM

That's the joy of playing at the micro-limits for you!