Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Call or fold this turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Fold knowing I am drawing to 2 outs or do the implied odds tell me to call with this many people in?
Old 11-25-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Call or fold this turn?

Even with 6 opponents you're never going to make up all the bets you'd need to to justify calling the flop.

Plus, with the bet coming from your right, super easy fold.

(I'm assuming the turn and river came running sixes?)
Old 11-25-2004, 12:19 PM

Seems like an easy fold to my novice mind. Lots of straight possibilities, not to mention a J or 9. And even if no one has any of that, you are easily countefeited to anyone pairing a turn or river card higher than your 6's.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:29 PM

I have a bit better then 4% chance of spiking a 6. In my mind I am freerolling if I hit a 6. The final pot needs to be about 12 bucks to make this call. With this in mind and no reads other then it's a 0.50/1 table implying its a fish barrel do you still fold?
Old 11-25-2004, 12:55 PM

That a lot of bets to make up, plus if it gets raised behind you on the flop your plan is pretty much shot to hell.

Also, with a paired board you're not going to get as much action usually since, obviously, the board is paired so everyone without a 9 is afraid someone else has one. Even if you called and hit, if nobody has a 9 you're not going to get paid off like you want to.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:11 PM

I still think it's a fold. Micro-limit players may be loose, but (in my limited experience) they are too weak to expect them to help you build big pots. I don't think you can count on enough players going along for the whole ride and/or being aggressive enough once the bet size doubles, particularly if a 6 comes on the turn and you start betting and raising. If you can get the pot up to 12+BB, it will probably be because you are contributing such a big share of the money on the turn and river that you're not really making 24:1 on your flop call anyway.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:15 PM

It's a fold. IMO, 66 is best played w/ the idea of folding the flop if no set is made; this maximizes EV. I'll raise the flop to a strong straight draw; I might also raise the flop to an underpaired board. Otherwise, I'll let it go to a bet from my right.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Results

My thinking was along the same line as everyone elses. "I don't get the impled odds to call this". I would like to clarrify something I said in my orginal post. The pot needs to be 12BB not including my additional bets. The implied odds ended up being dead on but you can't expect that normally with this flop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between BB, UTG+2 and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (12 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Kc Kd (two pair, kings and nines).
UTG+2 has Jd 7d (two pair, jacks and nines).
MP1 has 7h 8h (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: BB wins 12 BB. </font>
Old 11-25-2004, 06:44 PM

Fold pre flop unless you think this table is loose passive and you'll get the 5 other callers you need to make this hand worth while.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre flop unless you think this table is loose passive and you'll get the 5 other callers you need to make this hand worth while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um no....I'm tight but not that tight.