Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Paradise reload this weekend

Just got the e-mail from them. $50-max which is pretty mediocre....but it's better than nothing I guess:

Paradise Poker is the place to play poker this Thanksgiving long weekend! Enjoy amazing non-stop poker action, a deposit bonus and a shot at big money progressive Bad Beat Jackpots!

To celebrate the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend we are adding a 10% BONUS to Paradise Poker chip purchases made on Thursday, November 25th to Sunday, November 28th. As you make your deposit, be sure to enter TURKEY in the bonus code field to get your 10% bonus added to your pending credit total.

Over $30,000 CASH could be won in Bad Beat Jackpots starting this Thanksgiving Thursday, November 25th running through to Sunday, November 28th. Each Bad Beat Jackpot will start at $5,000 and grow at a rate of $200 per hour!
Once a jackpot is won, we will instantly start building a new jackpot. The dealer at your table will regularly announce the up-to-date progressive jackpot amount.

Promotion Details: Maximum bonus over the 4 days is $50. This bonus will be applied on your first $500 of purchases (cumulative) made between 12:01am EST, November 25th and 11:59pm PST, November 28th, 2004. The bonus will be added to the pending credit portion of your Paradise account to be paid out to your available balance at a rate of $10 per 100 raked games played. A raked game is defined as any game in which the table was raked a minimum of $0.25. In the case of single table tournaments, players will earn 1 point for every dollar paid in tournament fees. For 1-on-1 tournaments with less than a $1 fee, players will still get 1 point. In the case of multi-table tournaments, players will earn points equal to 10% of the value of their buy-in; fractional points will always be rounded up.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Paradise reload this weekend

Yeah there's like 12 topics on this already, but it's always a good reminder. Free $50 is nice.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:19 AM

Am I wrong, or is this not even worth doing, asuming you're playing higher than .10/.20?? Seriously.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:26 AM

Why wouldn't it be worth doing? $50 for 500 raked hands - not overly generous, but the low limit games are good, so this bonus should be fairly profitable.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:30 AM

If you play this off at $0.5/1, it will take 600 hands or so and if you 4 table, that's about 3 hours. Assuming you can beat the $1 game for 4 BB's/100, you'd expect to make $74 including the bonus. If your normal hourly rate is >$25, then no, it isn't worth it.

If you play off the bonus at higher levels, you have to determine if the tighter nature of Paradise vs. Party is less than $50 over 500 hands. I suspect it is not so the Paradise reload is again not worth it.

So the only way it's worthwhile is if you make less than $25/Hr AND the difference in win rate between the Paradise game and your normal game is less than $50 over 500 hands.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:14 PM

Earlier this month played 722 hands at Paradise .5/1 to clear a $50 bonus. 3-tabling, it took me just under 6 hours of play, and I made 6.7BB/100 in addition to the bonus. I wouldn't say it's that much harder than party, and the additional information on the tables and waiting list makes it that much easier to find the good tables.

As always, YMMV.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:27 PM

I recently cleared a signup bonus at Paradise 2/4 and found that it's not really all that much harder than Party's games. I plan on doing this bonus.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:30 AM

I would say it's only not worth doing if the players at paradise are better than other sites. Otherwise, if you are going to be playing anyway...
Old 11-24-2004, 12:03 PM

If this bonus isn't worth doing then what bonus is worth doing? Other than reloads where you are already playing of course.

Lost Wages
Old 11-24-2004, 01:30 PM

agreed

also, the non-expiration facet of paradise bonuses makes it a no brainer. why NOT do it?