Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Splitting the forum?

Anybody have an opinion on splitting the forum based on the buy-in amount? Something like small stakes vs. medium/large stakes? Obviously the advice for a $5 MTT is very different from a Party Super or larger on-land event. It just seems like I've been reading way too many posts from people giving advice at levels that they don't play at. It can be very confusing unless you know the history of the player. And this doesn't just apply to $5 players posting in higher buy-in posts. It goes both ways.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Splitting the forum?

WOW THIS IS GREAT ADVICE. IVE POINTED OUT SEVERAL TIMES THERE ARE SOME ARGUEMENTS THAT PLAYERS ARE HAVING ON HERE WERE BOTH PLAYERS MIGHT BE CORRECT GIVEN DIFFERENT LIMITS. OF COURSE USUALLY I AM SUMMARILY FLAMMED AND CALLED WEAK-TIGHT OR JUST MADE FUN OF... [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2004, 10:21 AM

I think there certienly could be some merit to splitting. But I think that's only really needed if a forum is getting flooded with posts at such a rate that one cannot keep up. I'm not sure this forum is there yet.

p.s. Zaxx, is your CAPS key stuck? Can we all pass the hat to send you a new keyboard where it is not stuck?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:25 AM

No it isnt....HUSKERS SUCK...passive aggressive messaging rules.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:28 AM

That's your most accurate post yet! Huskers do suck. =/
Old 11-23-2004, 10:38 AM

Let me ask you guys a question. What limits do you guys regularly play at? The reason I ask is bc it seems at higher levels NLH poker become like an educated mathematical game of roulette combined with chicken. Perhaps good NLH play is always like this and im just naive for expecting anything else?? The way alot of posters on here describe it- Aggression , aggression and then a little bit more aggression. Doesnt even seem like alot of the players like to play flops much; other than moving-in or checkraising all-in. This certainly might be the best way too play in a tourney full of other hyper-aggressive players. Just seems to take alot of fun out of the game. Maybe this is why alot of excellent players play omaha and hi-lo games now. At a certain point doesnt it basically return to a game of pure chance when people are moving in and showing down 77 and aj constantly??
Old 11-23-2004, 10:38 AM

From a pure "reader-point-of-view", as you can see this is my first post, I must say that I like it as it is, and I think it benefits the people playing small stake games, like myself, to have you big boys around.

If there was a high stake forum, I could imagine that a lot of the experience some oy the "old guys" have from MTTs would never be passed on to guys like myself. (Apart from that, I must say that I find it very entertaining to read about the big tourneys I donīt play myself)

That said, I do understand the difficulties of sometimes discussing apples and oranges.....

Well, maybe its just me - nevertheless thank you all for a great place to spend half a working day.

Claus
Old 11-23-2004, 01:44 PM

If there is one thing I wish to be separated from this forum is the so called "Official what's-its-name tourney" that are cluttered with umpteen meaningless posts, like: :I'm In, may name is Joblo. Who else"; "Busted 3050th, no cards", etc. etc." To me, these are like spams that unnecessarily bury the real insightful, educational posts that seasoned veterans unselfishly share with us.

We already have "The Zoo". Maybe they call this "The Aquarium".

Matt, I hope you read this.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is one thing I wish to be separated from this forum is the so called "Official what's-its-name tourney" that are cluttered with umpteen meaningless posts, like: :I'm In, may name is Joblo. Who else"; "Busted 3050th, no cards", etc. etc." To me, these are like spams that unnecessarily bury the real insightful, educational posts that seasoned veterans unselfishly share with us.

Matt, I hope you read this.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but they are very easy to spot and therefore shouldn't take up any of your time if you are not participating.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:51 PM

Yeah,

But it is still a waste of time scrolling down. If it is a separate forum, it can then totally be ignored.