Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 03:01 AM

Default foxwoods gossip

tuan le, the winner at the foxwoods main event, was staked to a super sattelite by hassan habib. the deal was a 50-50 split of any winnings. pretty good deal for hassan.

there is a rumor that tuan took his winnings in cash, and encountered some trouble at the airport, but eventually made it home.

tuan is an interesting player. a year or two ago, he ran his bankroll up to almost $1 million playing poker in la. most of it came from taking shots at larry flint's game. he then went to vegas and lost it all playing pai gow or baccarat, I don't remember which.

maybe he'll hold onto it this time.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:16 AM

Default Re: foxwoods gossip

Hassan didn't stake him. He did take the money in cash and was stopped. He lost some money in the pit, but not the majority.

1 out of 3.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:46 AM

Owned.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:58 AM

why was he stopped, and why did he lose money in the pit? I'm missing something here.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why was he stopped, and why did he lose money in the pit? I'm missing something here.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this day an age of paranoia and fear, I suspect a person (a non-caucasian even more so) with a huge amount of cash will be suspected for all kinds of things.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:51 PM

I believe customs requires you to declare anything over $10K... anyone traveling with large amounts of cash is suspicious
Old 11-21-2004, 01:59 PM

you are only required to declare amounts over $10k if you are leaving the country. but airport officials are allowed to question anyone with large amounts of cash, and in some cases, confiscate the cash. this is all part of america's war on drugs.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:49 PM

well, I haven't talked to tuan yet, but I would put money on my sources that he was staked by hassan. and he's the one who told me he lost his roll in the vegas pits, so I'll stand behind that one also. why do you disagree?
Old 11-22-2004, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, I haven't talked to tuan yet, but I would put money on my sources that he was staked by hassan. and he's the one who told me he lost his roll in the vegas pits, so I'll stand behind that one also. why do you disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend Alex talked him into playing in the satellite that got him into the tournament. Tuan called me at almost every break during the tournament.

As for the previous time he had money, he lost a lot back in the Larry game and may not have ended up ahead overall. However, he also won money playing in various lower limit games during that period. He lost some back, lent a lot out, lost some in sports, lost some in the pit, and subsidized parties for his friends with the rest.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he lost a lot back in the Larry game

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a Larry game?