Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 06:20 PM

Default How many SNGs a month/week ?

For those who use SNG's as a primary source of income, I would like to how many tournies it is realistic to play per week and per month. Lets assume 4 tabling max at Party Poker only. I feel like I could get in 1000 per month, I would like to know if many of you are doing that now, and is there a big burnout/monotony factor? What about 10000+ per year, is this realistic?

Thank You

KennyBanya
Old 11-03-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: How many SNGs a month/week ?

If you play 22 days/month (8 days off) you need to play 46/day. If you can play six tournies per hour, thats 7 hrs, 40 min a day.

I get tired after playing 4-5 tournies in a couple hours. I doubt I could multi-table 4 for longer than 3 hours, although I'm sure some can do it. Just remember to focus your eyes on something far away every 5-10 min. The biggest health risk facing professional poker players these days is monitor-related eye strain [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 07:55 PM

~30/day with some ring games and multis thrown in to mix it up. I play 5 days/wk for a regular kinda schedule.

Burnout's bad sometimes; just gotta say feck it and go take a day or two off totally. I just came bacck from a 4 day trip, which was sorely needed.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:43 PM

Burnout's bad sometimes; just gotta say feck it and go take a day or two off totally. I just came bacck from a 4 day trip, which was sorely needed.

This is the number one most ignored piece of good advice.

Lori
Old 11-03-2004, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the number one most ignored piece of good advice.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, if you're burnt out or take a monster beat, like having your AA cracked against KK and AK, you sometimes need that break... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 10:02 PM

just adding to the taking a break thing.

I play a regular joe week - ie, mon-fri ~10am-6pm, roughly speaking (time zone here helps a lot there). With some mornings/afternoons off here and there for whatever.

but the sat and sun's I often don't play at all, or only a small amount on sunday maybe. I believe this helps a huge amount in keeping me sane and my game sharp (...relatively speaking that is; you could say my game ain't so sharp anyway.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

prob worth another thread somewhere, but heck, I'm gonna take a break instead...
Old 11-03-2004, 11:46 PM

dog-

do you think it is wise to rarely play on saturday and sunday becausearen't the players statistically worse on the weekend?

wouldn't it be better to take a monday and tuesday off or something?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:49 PM

do you think it is wise to rarely play on saturday and sunday becausearen't the players statistically worse on the weekend?

ask my girlfriend that question... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

more to life than poker
Old 11-03-2004, 10:35 PM

1,000 per month 4-tabling is quite a bit. If you restart a new SNG right away once you get knocked out, then time-wise it's doable (say 40/hours per week, maybe even a tad less), but I've found it's much more grueling/has a negative impact EV-wise when you get down shorthanded (always having 3 other games to concentrate on).

I usually start 4 at once, then don't re-start any more until I finish all of them (unless I get knocked out of one in the first orbit). I took 10 days completely off last month and still got in 750. That's a very "comfortable" number, I've found. But I actually (still) very much like playing online poker & SNGs...so if you start getting really sick of poker period, even 750/month could be tough to maintain.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:43 AM

i played something like 700 last month and i had a 10 day holiday when i played none

i dont get burnout much if at all but i'm an addicted game player - if it wasnt SNG's it would be something else

i reckon 1,000 a month is a big number - doable but tiring

stripsqueez - chickenhawk