Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 01:18 AM

Default 15/30 tough decision #1

long time no contribute, so here are some hands. this is hand #1.

how did i do on the turn, what about river?

Online Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: 12tabler is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">12tabler raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">12tabler bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, 12tabler calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, 12tabler checks.

River: (4.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>

Final Pot: 6.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.33 BB, between 12tabler and BB.</font>
Old 11-03-2004, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 15/30 tough decision #1

I groan and call. The turn check is just too weird. He could have a small PP or any pair. I have no idea if I am winning money off that play though...

-DrG
Old 11-03-2004, 04:35 AM

Why not 3 bet the flop and/or bet the turn when checked to?
Old 11-03-2004, 10:58 AM

i don't like the 2 over cards, and i was confused as to what to put the guy on...
Old 11-03-2004, 05:03 AM

Yuck.

I feel these kinds of spots are quite the money losers for me as the pot is fairly small.

Considering his turn check, I would tend to rule out an ace as he would would probably protect it from you drawing to the flush.

Of the hands that could beat you:

K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x seems unlikely, as someone who is aggressive enough to semi-bluff raise the flop would most likely lead this turn.

Someone who is trying to protect middle pair from you drawing to a flush, would bet the turn too, unless he has middle pair with a medium spade as backup.

Man this is ugly, you have to better more than 16% to show a profit. I'd call and probably be shown something like T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or possibly even Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

But not considering the river decision, if you want to call this river, I'd have much rather prefered a turn bet and river checkthrough barring no spade.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But not considering the river decision, if you want to call this river, I'd have much rather prefered a turn bet and river checkthrough barring no spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i will bet the turn next time.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:09 AM

the BB's turn check is so confusing i might call the river. i think a turn bet is much better than checking because it charges the drawing hands and pairs worse than yours and it will often get you a free showdown.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the BB's turn check is so confusing i might call the river. i think a turn bet is much better than checking because it charges the drawing hands and pairs worse than yours and it will often get you a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. more i read the responses, more i think a bet was in order on turn. one final question is that, could i safely fold to a turn check-raise?

Kenny
Old 11-03-2004, 09:47 AM

Every time I call the river for the specific reason that the turn check confused me I lose.

-Michael
Old 11-03-2004, 12:13 PM

Default RESULTS: the whole hand

in the actual hand, my fish didn't have anything, it was a stone bluff, tho i was hoping for a pair+draw type of overplay.

Online Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.33 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (6.33 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 7d 4c (high card, ace).
Hero has 9s 9c (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 6.33 BB. </font>