Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 06:25 PM

Default Why no rakeback if i already have an account?

I have been playing online for almost a year now, and signed up a while ago with Party, Empire and Intertops. This was when I was still playing micro limits. I'm now playing much more often, and for much higher stakes, so I'm looking for a rakeback deal.

My question is why Party and its skins won't let me get a rakeback deal AND continue playing with them. I don't have a Eurobet account, so it looks like I'm forced to leave Party and play at Eurobet to get a deal. I would prefer to stay with Party or Empire, and would if they were reasonable about affiliate deals. I generate a decent amount of rake (PT says $2500 this month), and I just can't understand why Party (or Empire) doesn't want my business. Just because I signed up without an affiliate, I'm forever prohibited from making a deal with one?

Yes, they're currently money off me without giving me rake back, but they're about to lose it all, through what I consider to be a stupid, inflexible rule. Most businesses do what they can to keep good customers. Why doesn't Party do the same.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Why no rakeback if i already have an account?

Good question.

Part of the reason is that affiliates who give rake backs are breaking the rules, but since the skins don't enforce them, I don't see why they won't let existing players in on the fun as well.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:49 PM

I don't see why they won't let existing players in on the fun as well.

It's quite elementary, keep thinking.

Lori
Old 10-31-2004, 06:59 PM

Thanks for the insightful and helpful comment Lori.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:02 PM

It really is simple.

An affiliate's job is to get new players to a site, so the site pays them a rake share to encourage them to find new players.

Anyone who is already a player was found by a different method so the affiliate doesn't deserve any money for finding them.

Lori
Old 10-31-2004, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I know. Why didn't you say that the first time, instead of giving a condescending answer? Your first post was the equivalent of,

"Any smart person can figure it out. Why don't you just think about it, stupid?"

It seems that you are giving a lot of these type answers lately.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:13 PM

That doesn't really answer the question. I wasn't asking why I can't use an affiliate, or why affiliates can't make money off of existing players. I want to know why I can't get rake rebate as a player, and why they're willing to lose me as a player because of that. I could care less whether the rebate goes through an affiliate, or if I could get this directly from the poker site itself. I just don't have that choice.

The argument that they have alreaday signed me up doesn't wash, because I don't have to keep playing with them. I can move to another site, and give them my rake money.

Assuming that Party makes less money from me when I play through one of the skins rather than them, I would think they're better off giving me back 20-25% of the rake I generate, rather than losing 100% of it. Or does Party make the same amount of money, no matter which skin I play on?
Old 10-31-2004, 11:21 PM

I have an account at party that I havn't used in a year. But I never setup an empire account. Could I get a rakeback deal? I play 100 percent at pokerstars now.

P.S. I'm sure this has been asked before and I have read alot of tread but this whole subject seems confussing to me.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:24 PM

Pipe dreams fade and all the underdogs get laid.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:03 PM

i would venture to say that its more fun, for the sites, to keep 100% of the rake you generate